British Speedway Forum
Gunner85

Belle Vue Colts 2018

59 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Did he never get an outing at No 6? Any statto know? 

The numbers that he didn't ride at were 6 and 3.

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

Much as I hate to get into an argument that is a real politicians manipulation of statistics. 

As Bickley was riding against the weaker losing team he should get more than Brennan against the much stronger winners.  To be more precise the main difference was Bickley got 14 at B Vue aided by retirements from Bewlay and Bailey  whilst Brennan got 6 having to take six rides including heat 15 against Bewlay and Smith.

Not a level playing field but as I said, this year the averages  should give a real comparison.

Extremely poor argument indeed. He was directly behind Bewley and on course for a 5-1 and a paid win anyway, before Dan fell.No difference there. Bailey was already behind him when his bike stopped.No difference there. Bickley was in his best form of the season at that meeting.He scored his first ever maximum (paid) that night and didnt rely on efs or falls to get it either!

I agree with ArnieG, all 3 are talented lads. Time will tell of course, but money is on Bickley. Looking forward to watching him with his 2018 teams.

Edited by BobC

This sounds like a Harry Hill argument when he used to do TV Burp. 

"So which is best a Brennen or a Bickley, there's only one way to find out  ------ Fight !  :D

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

The numbers that he didn't ride at were 6 and 3.

Thanks. I cold have sworn he done the No 3 spot but obviously not.

Under 19 final at Plymouth 6/7/2017 Bickley came 3rd after scoring 13pts in heats. Brennan came 9th scoring  7pts. Brennan had ridden at Plymouth in April scoring 10 (4)  so had previous experience on the track, in my book Bickley the better rider. 15 love.

Kyle had three heats per meeting with a rider who seemed to spend all of the home meetings trying to break his own track record too. No doubt affected his average somewhat as three's weren't really attainable.

This argument has been rolling since way back in the youth days and hopefully will continue for many more years with many national titles contested between them. Both have strong speedway families, practically personal practice tracks and sponsorship that could rival many elite riders. If both of these do not make it big in the sport there are serious questions to be asked.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
Spelling
  • Like 2

Exactly, I would agree its good competition between the two. Bickley will get championship experience this season which Brennan wont do but think it wont be a bad thing Tom not doing Championship yet.

Kean Dicken & Joe Lawlor the latest Colts to be announced, certainly a very young team being assembled thus far. Thought Lawlor really kicked on last year in Heathens colours, hopefully further progression from him this season. 

42 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Williamson & Woodhull to complete it or Payne & 4.74?

Payne and Bowen 

• Like 1

IF Woodhull, Dicken & Bowen was the route the Colts go down i suspect it would be Bowen at 2 (although im sure ive read somewhere that the SCB/BSPA decide in these situations?) However the more i think about it the more it seems unlikely. There are strong riders out there without teams and Payne would be a big risk.

Bowtell not signed anywhere seems a little alarming and he would fit perfectly along with Lee Dicken?

Edited by Sings4Speedway