British Speedway Forum
Gunner85

Belle Vue Colts 2018

10 hours ago, bellevueace said:

I think the racing will be better this season as the Colts will not be so head and shoulders above the rest around the NSS.

There will be less big wins this year... but the quality of the racing depends upon racing ability not necessarily how strong the side is.

We have a super track and there will once again quality matches.

I thought there was a lot of processional racing last year due the Colts being a lot stronger than most of the opposition, there was some good racing but a lot of very strung out ones as well, having a side not as dominant I think will allow for better closer racing overall.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

I thought there was a lot of processional racing last year due the Colts being a lot stronger than most of the opposition, there was some good racing but a lot of very strung out ones as well, having a side not as dominant I think will allow for better closer racing overall.

In 12 Colts matches there was at least one pass in 86 races and a total of 211 passes in total

That is just over 7 races per match had at least one pass and a total of just over 18 passes per match in all

There were two or three poor matches but overall these figures better many tracks inn GB

I certainly saw more than two or three poor matches, with riders strung out, passes will occur especially at NL level due to mistakes, in one match I can remember it being processional apart from heat 13 and 15 which were excellent races, people were calling it a brilliant meeting, no it wasn't, two good heats out of 15 does not add up to a great meeting, in other meetings there was a race for 3rd or 4th whilst half a straight separated the other two, leaving two struggling to get round side by side. Giving figures for passing does not always tell the full story of how a meeting developed as regards to how the passes occurred, I just don't think it was as good as some make out being honest.

You have to feel for these speedway boys. They have a bit of a prang and it bins a whole season.

If you are Rossi or some other Moto GP wallah, you get operated on and you are racing again within days.

But as Friend Fozzie says, the Colts are probably a tad stronger now.

Get well soon, Lee.

Edited by fubar
grammar
  • Haha 1

Wow, that’s bad luck. I wonder if there was a weakness there?

Makes us 0.07 stronger so nailed on for the play offs now. 

Glad I ve not made my predictions so far as this probably pushes the Colts towards play off contenders. Bad luck for Lee I ve always considered moto x a risky hobby for riders/drivers of other motorsport diciplines

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ouch said:

Wow, that’s bad luck. I wonder if there was a weakness there?

Makes us 0.07 stronger so nailed on for the play offs now. 

I hope you don't have a painful let down here, Ouchy.

I'm not sure that I've ever seen Kean Dicken manage 4 laps at proper racing speed.

I'm sure his dad loves him but I'm not totally convinced that he is quite up to the required standard to ride for the country's best NL side.

But hey I could be wrong and perhaps he'll be racking up shed loads of points in no time flat.

Keep the faith.

Hooray for the Colts.

Edited by fubar

Guest GiveusaB

Every cloud!

Tom is a great acquisition...I think he'll fly round the NSS !

Edited by GiveusaB