British Speedway Forum
Gunner85

Belle Vue Colts 2018

20 hours ago, fubar said:

So, does anybody think that young Kean Dicken has the ability to make the grade?

Has anyone seen him ride and did they get the impression that he has a talent that is waiting to burst out in a Bewleyesque fashion?

When I saw young Bewley first ride, it was obvious that he had a huge natural talent.

I must admit that I have some doubts if Master Dicken is quite ready for this and I just hope he doesn't do himself some damage.

Seen him several times practising and having races against other similar abilities in 2017 and is so far off the pace it's untrue.

The team aren’t as bad as some of the previous posts have suggested. It’s just Dicken that’s the strange/poor signing. It should be a comfortable midtable as the top 3 will be heavy scorers and Lawlor will beat most other second strings at home and he knows the place so can hit the ground running. Mellish & Luke not returning are unfortunate as then it would’ve been a strong team, especially as Ben showed last season that he’ll be a useful reserve. 

Edited by Islander15

Being in the team will boost Kean,s confidence also riding on a great home track should help his away form and having other riders around him will also help him as most kids never listen to there father lol hope they stick with him as you can only get better riding against better riders 

Edited by mac101

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Seen him several times practising and having races against other similar abilities in 2017 and is so far off the pace it's untrue.

This gets more depressing by the minute!

Surely, if he's that poor then his dad should have had a word in his ear and suggested taking up football or some other namby pamby sport instead.

It'll be a bit embarrassing if he's half a lap behind in the reserves race.

46 minutes ago, fubar said:

This gets more depressing by the minute!

Surely, if he's that poor then his dad should have had a word in his ear and suggested taking up football or some other namby pamby sport instead.

It'll be a bit embarrassing if he's half a lap behind in the reserves race.

I have to say I was beyond shocked when he was signed. He wouldn't have lasted a month if he hasn't started injured at the P&P. 

Maybe he has improved over the winter. 

17 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I have to say I was beyond shocked when he was signed. He wouldn't have lasted a month if he hasn't started injured at the P&P. 

Maybe he has improved over the winter. 

Well, I have booked my seat for Good Friday when Coventry come to visit.

Kean only has to beat the likes of Ryan MacDonald and Jamie Halder, so no problem there then.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fubar said:

Well, I have booked my seat for Good Friday when Coventry come to visit.

Kean only has to beat the likes of Ryan MacDonald and Jamie Halder, so no problem there then.

He isn't even that standard. :shock:

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, stevebrum said:

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, stevebrum said:

When I have seen him I'd agree.

I'd be surprised if Belle Vue took him on on the strength of his name, though, so hopefully he's improved significantly.

We'll find out on Good Friday.

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

When I have seen him I'd agree.

I'd be surprised if Belle Vue took him on on the strength of his name, though, so hopefully he's improved significantly.

We'll find out on Good Friday.

I shall watch for you jumping up and down and cheering loudly after heat 2.

• Like 1

Kean is one of those riders that uses no throttle on the straight and pins it when he gets into the bend. So perhaps the wide spaces of Bell Vue may do wonders for his confidence.

2 hours ago, adonis said:

Beat Ryan Mcdonald and Halder , Fubar ? ,haha ,  get along to specsavers

I wasn't actually being serious.

I was extracting the urine.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:00 AM, adonis said:

Forgive me for asking but ,where have you ever seen any promise from Kean Dicken ?  In 2016 he wasn't even winning MDL races ,so why Brummies signed him God only knows , during 2017 the few races he had he was abysmal , So if you would be so kind explain " Promise" .    Beat Ryan Mcdonald and Halder , Fubar ? ,haha ,  get along to specsavers

It was more a statement of the gambles promoters are prepared to take without being held responsible in any way for the consequences. There is a constant scamble at present to unearth (or claim to) the next big thing. If a rider owns a bike and can slide around each corner providing they have just gone through puberty they are tagged as "promising" and thrown into a side often long before they are ready. Very occasionally a natural with be uncovered but more often they flop and are never to be seen again. 

• Like 1

On 17/03/2018 at 11:12 AM, teaboy279 said:

Kean is one of those riders that uses no throttle on the straight and pins it when he gets into the bend. So perhaps the wide spaces of Bell Vue may do wonders for his confidence.

Having watched young Dicken last night, I must agree with your analysis of his technique.

He trails the throttle down the straight and then whacks it open going into the bend in order to initiate the slide.

Whilst this technique might get you round 4 laps, sadly the other riders have all buggered off into the distance.

There is a real danger here that an inability to modulate the throttle will increase the likelihood of a sizeable accident.

Fingers crossed.

I am not an expert in technique or anything but I was shocked by Kean Dicken in that race on Saturday. I know it takes courage to even get on a speedway bike but he will need to improve a lot. I cant see a track as fast as the NSS suiting him, it was almost like he had no idea how long the straight was.