British Speedway Forum
Gunner85

Belle Vue Colts 2018

Well I hope that Lee Payne wasn't going to be giving Paul Bowen a lift down from Wigan.

If Paul Bowen can't get there, who will bring the pies?

Perry is a talented rider who has not risen up the ladder as fast as one would have hoped.

Mark Lemon will be able to boost him during the season.

So, does anybody think that young Kean Dicken has the ability to make the grade?

Has anyone seen him ride and did they get the impression that he has a talent that is waiting to burst out in a Bewleyesque fashion?

When I saw young Bewley first ride, it was obvious that he had a huge natural talent.

I must admit that I have some doubts if Master Dicken is quite ready for this and I just hope he doesn't do himself some damage.

3 hours ago, fubar said:

So, does anybody think that young Kean Dicken has the ability to make the grade?

Has anyone seen him ride and did they get the impression that he has a talent that is waiting to burst out in a Bewleyesque fashion?

When I saw young Bewley first ride, it was obvious that he had a huge natural talent.

I must admit that I have some doubts if Master Dicken is quite ready for this and I just hope he doesn't do himself some damage.

Yes and I've seen him damage himself on press and practice day ..

Unfortunately for belle vue they have possibly the 3 poorest riders in the league certainly the worst 2 which is why they finish in the bottom 2 .

10 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Unfortunately for belle vue they have possibly the 3 poorest riders in the league certainly the worst 2 which is why they finish in the bottom 2 .

Think the reserve pairings are split this year between very strong & quite poor. Belle Vues combo fall into the second category but are not at the bottom of the heap. There should be a strong home track advantage which will help them and a very good top 5 will keep them well clear of the bottom but i see this team as mid table contenders.

40 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think the reserve pairings are split this year between very strong & quite poor. Belle Vues combo fall into the second category but are not at the bottom of the heap. There should be a strong home track advantage which will help them and a very good top 5 will keep them well clear of the bottom but i see this team as mid table contenders.

Tbh i was thinking about there number 2 

11 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

So did the lad ride again in 2017 or was the Brum press and practice débâcle the sum total of it?

And by the way, matey, we aren't going to finish in the bottom 2 so you'll have to look for someone else to help you prop up the foot of the table.

:D

11 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Tbh i was thinking about there number 2 

ah just re-read and have to agree with you. Number 4 looks weak compared to most other sides also. There is going to be huge reliance from the top 3 all getting 10+ every meeting and hoping a couple of the others can chip in a bit

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fubar said:

So did the lad ride again in 2017 or was the Brum press and practice débâcle the sum total of it?

And by the way, matey, we aren't going to finish in the bottom 2 so you'll have to look for someone else to help you prop up the foot of the table.

:D

Like I've previously said we will see you you have 3 riders who will score between 3-8 points a meeting leaves the other 4 to score around 40 between them only time will tell but I'm sure I will be right slate me at the end of the season and I will put my hands up if I'm wrong .

Yes he rode a couple of meetings after was miles of the pace ..

3 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Yes he rode a couple of meetings after was miles of the pace ..

So, why have BV taken him on?

Perhaps they know something that is not evident to us mere mortals.

If they had not taken K. Dicken, who could they have had instead?

1 minute ago, fubar said:

So, why have BV taken him on?

Perhaps they know something that is not evident to us mere mortals.

If they had not taken K. Dicken, who could they have had instead?

Not a lot of options which is maybe why you took him he had a few races with Kyle Roberts (brummies no8 ) and was beaten by half the track so there's a gauge of where he's at .

Just now, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Not a lot of options which is maybe why you took him he had a few races with Kyle Roberts (brummies no8 ) and was beaten by half the track so there's a gauge of where he's at .

Wow, that's depressing.

Hope he's been doing a lot of practice over the winter months.

There are obviously a few positives. He will have his old man in the pits with him this season so will have more assistance/guidance. Unfortunately from what i have seen so far i agree that its too early for him and he is another example of a kid with a bit of promise being thrown in too early. Obviously some of these riders swim and progress quickly others sink and have their name tarnished by the results and struggle to land another team place again. Obviously the shrinking of the development leagues doesn't help as the pool of riders is smaller and the amount of competitive track time is limited. 

I hope Kean does well & Belle Vue do strike me as a very loyal club so he should get time to learn. Im not expecting great things from him this year but it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised. 

The top three are more than fine, Joe looks ok when compared to most No4’s. Paul is taking Andy’s place due to his ongoing injury problems though he’s been invited along every meeting to act as a kind of non riding captain. 

The reserves look weak due us being gazumped by one of the big spenders and Luke deciding on four wheels rather than two. 

I think Ben will move up after the first set of averages and go on to provide solid back up to the heat leaders. 

The home matches should have an unpredictability about them plus the added excitement a close score brings - both missing last year - so I’m very much looking forward to the NL again this year.