British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

SGB Premiership Confirmed signings 2018.

Far be it for me to try to make excuses for the BSPA but now that the SCB seem to have realised that they need to be more active in overseeing them it could be that the teams have to be authorised by the SCB and that the delay lies with them.

Assuming, of course, that the BSPA have given them the information. :lol:

I mean the pre-season ones, not the final ones :)

For example, what CMA will Woryna, Szczepaniak or Vaculik have?

Kings Lynn, according to my calculations,  using the points used on this site are 0.66 over the limit

You are absolutely correct. Is anyone from the Club able to confirm whether KA has a starting average of 4.0 or 5.0. It would be terrible if everyone turned up on the first night only to discover that the team was not legal! That couldn't happen could it? Of course not but, thinking about it, this is King's Lynn!!  :o   :rolleyes:

Edited by Starboy118

On 25/02/2018 at 11:06 PM, Starboy118 said:

You are absolutely correct. Is anyone from the Club able to confirm whether KA has a starting average of 4.0 or 5.0. It would be terrible if everyone turned up on the first night only to discover that the team was not legal! That couldn't happen could it? Of course not but, thinking about it, this is King's Lynn!!  :o   :rolleyes:

Any response?

He must be a 4..Buster wouldn't make that mistake surely..Woryna is only 4 and a bit.How can he be a 5

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He must be a 4..Buster wouldn't make that mistake surely..Woryna is only 4 and a bit.How can he be a 5

I've no idea if he is 4 or 5 but the problem with your argument is that you're being logical and sensible. :lol:

Drozdz is assessed at 5. Even though I doubt very much that you'll find many, if any, people who would argue that at this stage of his career he is a better rider than Woryna.

As I've said many times the sensible approach would be to use a formula for each foreign league to calculate a UK average for every rider who does not have a current UK average, just as we do when riders in the CL without a PL average move up or, vice versa, when a PL rider moves down. That way every rider would be assessed on their current performances not on an outdated average or an assessed average.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, Aces51 said:

I've no idea if he is 4 or 5 but the problem with your argument is that you're being logical and sensible. :lol:

Drozdz is assessed at 5. Even though I doubt very much that you'll find many, if any, people who would argue that at this stage of his career he is a better rider than Woryna.

As I've said many times the sensible approach would be to use a formula for each foreign league to calculate a UK average for every rider who does not have a current UK average, just as we do when riders in the CL without a PL average move up or, vice versa, when a PL rider moves down. That way every rider would be assessed on their current performances not on an outdated average or an assessed average.

Now you're being Silly....     that's a far too sensible approach.          The BSPA would never agree with that...:D

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 10:22 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Woryna was given a ridiculously outdated average to come back on but new assessed seems an even trickier one to even try to get right.

Woryna finished 6.36 to show his outdated average was just that.

2 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Would JOsh Auty fitt think he is on 4.68  and rides Lynn pretty well

You'd need a Delorean with a flux capacitor to fit into the 2018 King's Lynn team now Josh, but nice of you to reopen this King's Lynn 2018 thread to offer your services on a Sunday night in February 2019.

Why do you think i am Josh i am not ,but i cant understand why he as not got a Premier club again.He as a better average in the Championship than most of riders who have been fixed up  so just what  is the reason.Belle Vue could use him he flies round the N S S,IF WE GO BACK TO LAST YEARS riders championship he passed and re passed Cookie in one race ,and was level with Fricke foe three laps until Fricke wiped him out on the first turn off the last lap.He now lives twenty minute drive from N S S ,and sure he would be a good man to have at reserve,but Lemo just does not seem to want to give him a chance,He is British though and that could go against him,seems rather give a place to a foreign rider who nobody as heard off at times .How do i know him he comes into Tesco in Stalybridge were i work and we always have a chat a real nice man .

Edited by speedy bill

On 2/12/2019 at 10:17 PM, speedy bill said:

Why do you think i am Josh i am not ,but i cant understand why he as not got a Premier club again.He as a better average in the Championship than most of riders who have been fixed up  so just what  is the reason.Belle Vue could use him he flies round the N S S,IF WE GO BACK TO LAST YEARS riders championship he passed and re passed Cookie in one race ,and was level with Fricke foe three laps until Fricke wiped him out on the first turn off the last lap.He now lives twenty minute drive from N S S ,and sure he would be a good man to have at reserve,but Lemo just does not seem to want to give him a chance,He is British though and that could go against him,seems rather give a place to a foreign rider who nobody as heard off at times .How do i know him he comes into Tesco in Stalybridge were i work and we always have a chat a real nice man .

I would of had Lidsey in the top five as he will be decent at home and Berge/ Auty at reserve all year.Wells i believe is the weak link and even at reserve i believe Auty is better than Wells at the NSS.Therefore i believe they could of won all there home matches and build from there don't see the fascination in Wells not exciting to watch and for me Wolves is his home( granted he is good there).