British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

Betting in 2018

? Another Sidney classic ..all that mff has said  is that Poole was a good price and quite clearly by the price cut others feel the same .Nothing to do with  what team he supports just a opinion about betting .Try reading  the title of the topic rather next time .

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

This is why the forum love jumping on the likes of you and Shovlar when the Pirates fail to cock sure of themselves.Why not say right i am really happy with this side i am really hopeful of a good year and leave it at that.Even Starman is wary of injuries etc) he has not totally pushed the boat  out maybe on Chris he has but Holder could get back.I just feel the likes of you make it awkward for Ray C (ect)  real Poole fans who see both side's of any story  and are realistic on all issues.

With all due respect most people agree with me that's why the price has dropped from 7/2 to 6/4 within a week.

Yes injuries can happen and stuff I fully understand that.

You don't have to have a bet I just said the price on offer was ridiculous and I was/am correct. 

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

17 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Not surprised.

As soon as I saw the odds I lumped on Poole and then posted the odds on here straight after so other people could see the ridiculous price on offer and have a bet if they wish. 

7/2 could, look very good come October, but, with 8 month to go and the bookies have your money, given that we still have to do it on the track and stear clear of injuries then to me  7/2 at this moment in time is no value. IF, we didnt put it down on the track you will be loking at double that price, in mid season, but for me 7/2 at this moment in time is no value. Best of luck those that got the price.

17 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Not surprised.

As soon as I saw the odds I lumped on Poole and then posted the odds on here straight after so other people could see the ridiculous price on offer and have a bet if they wish. 

I am with you on this one !  its a wonder the bookies website didn't melt , Just out of curiosity did they limit you to a maximum bet ?

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

With all due respect most people agree with me that's why the price has dropped from 7/2 to 6/4 within a week.

Yes injuries can happen and stuff I fully understand that.

You don't have to have a bet I just said the price on offer was ridiculous and I was/am correct. 

But you have not given  the other teams the full respect they deserve, yes this Poole team deserves the utmost respect and i can't wait to see them.7/2 yes is a bigger price than i thought but it will only be value if they win also how much money did it take to cut the price 100 quid then  the bookies probably s...   the bed.

The main problem in betting on Speedway is a injury to a rider or riders. This will be much more of a problem this year in the Premier league as where will you get a guest rider from 

Many years ago I had £50 on Ipswich to win the top league at 20/1 which I thought was a great bet especially later on in the season they were 11/10 favourites. Then they lost Scott Nicholls and Chris Louis within a week . End of bet

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

7/2 could, look very good come October, but, with 8 month to go and the bookies have your money, given that we still have to do it on the track and stear clear of injuries then to me  7/2 at this moment in time is no value. IF, we didnt put it down on the track you will be loking at double that price, in mid season, but for me 7/2 at this moment in time is no value. Best of luck those that got the price.

You are correct by saying 'Have to do it on the track and steer clear of injuries' 

I never do outright bets because of the long wait as you have mentioned above but I had to take the 7/2 because its not going to be that price again unless half of the team gets season ending injuries.

IMO If we pick up an injury then Matt Ford will get Milik in on a 5.68 or something silly. Big year (70th anniversary) and Matt will get that cheque book out and offer big if he has to imo considering the circumstances and the shocking season last year. 

Only team who has a chance of beating us over 2 legs is Leicester. But that's just my opinion. 

4 hours ago, BANANAMAN said:

I am with you on this one !  its a wonder the bookies website didn't melt , Just out of curiosity did they limit you to a maximum bet ?

No. Did SkyBet limit you?

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

But you have not given  the other teams the full respect they deserve, yes this Poole team deserves the utmost respect and i can't wait to see them.7/2 yes is a bigger price than i thought but it will only be value if they win also how much money did it take to cut the price 100 quid then  the bookies probably s...   the bed.

I have see the Premiership predictions thread. I have said Leicester are a very good side and Belle Vue are a good side. Said Rye aren't as bad as people say they are.

But the rest are poor tbh. 

I have no idea how much money has gone on Poole. I had £50 then I thought I would put the odds up on the betting thread to share with everyone if they wanted to have a bet on any team to win the league and now Poole is 6/4. 

Poole could lose the league. Highly unlikely imo but its possible. Personally the 7/2 was good enough for me. If I lose then I lose simple as lol. 

2 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

The main problem in betting on Speedway is a injury to a rider or riders. This will be much more of a problem this year in the Premier league as where will you get a guest rider from 

Many years ago I had £50 on Ipswich to win the top league at 20/1 which I thought was a great bet especially later on in the season they were 11/10 favourites. Then they lost Scott Nicholls and Chris Louis within a week . End of bet

Personally I think Matt will have riders lined up this year as replacements. Learnt a lesson from last season imo when scrambling around for Kennett. But I do agree with your post.

Love a speedway bet.I think the Prem winners is hard to predict though i usually go for Poole.And they look outstanding,i've not had a bet on the winners.

On 27/02/2018 at 5:14 PM, mickthemuppet said:

Other than ‘97 pretty much every season that Nicholls and Louis both rode for Ipswich, the Witches were crap.

I’m guessing you’re taking 2002 where Louis had his big accident? He was already having a poor season, and Ipswich were pretty naff. Certainly not favourites. Any other year I think you’re pushing it to blame injuries as they both rode the vast majority of meetings.

Edited by SCB

2 hours ago, SCB said:

Other than ‘97 pretty much every season that Nicholls and Louis both rode for Ipswich, the Witches were crap.

I’m guessing you’re taking 2002 where Louis had his big accident? He was already having a poor season, and Ipswich were pretty naff. Certainly not favourites. Any other year I think you’re pushing it to blame injuries as they both rode the vast majority of meetings.

Try guessing another year then.

13 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

Try guessing another year then.

1995 - 40  meeting league, both rode in 40+ meetings. Witches finished 6th
1996 - 36  meeting league, Nicholls only rode 28 meetings that year, Louis 37. Finished 8th
1997 - 36  meeting league, Both rode 40+ meetings. Finished 4th 
1998 - Won the league
2001 - 32  meeting league - both rode more than 32 meetings. Finished 4th
2002 - 32  meeting league - Nicholls did 34 meetings, Louis did 10. Finished 7th. You've already said not this season
2004 - 36 meeting league - Rode 39 and 44 meetings. Both rode in the play-offs

So which year was it? Because I call bullrubbish on every single one of them. Only two season were effected by injury to Nicholls or Louis, 1996 and 2002. Both season Ipswich were well off the pace and not a single season has been effected by both being injured.

26 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

I asked you to have another guess and you have given me 7 years. That s not a proper answer

So just to confirm,

• You had a bet on Ipswich to win the league, injury to Nicholls and Louis ruined that bet right?
  • I listed every season that Louis and Nicholls BOTH rode for Ipswich
  • You then claim it was a season I haven't listed

So you must be suggesting that the year in question was one of 1994, 1999,2000,2005,2006,2007,2008 when Scott Nicholls was riding for Peterborough, Poole, Poole, Coventry, Coventry, Coventry and Eastbourne or 2003 when Chris Louis was out for the season.

So I'll look at each of them season

1994 - Scott was at Peterborough. Ipswich finished 6th. Both rode the vast kajority of their clubs fixtures. Scott was in a different league so I'm not sure his form or fitness was at all relevant
1999 - Scott was at Poole. Poole finished 2nd in league to Peterborough. Ipswich finished 5th. Both rode the vast majority of meeting for their club, even if Scott was injured and missed meetings against Peterborough that gave them extra points, that would have meant less for his own team Poole. Nope, not having that
2000 - Still at Poole. But Ipswich finished 16 points behind Eastbourne, so even if Scott was injured in every meeting vs Eastbourne Ipswich were still not going to beat them. Rode 40 meeetings.
2005 - At Coventry. Coventry finished 2nd in the league, won the play-offs. I don't remember him being injured. Ipswich were 6th, nowhere near winning a title either. Rode 40+ meeting
2006 - Still at Coventry. Ipswich were 8th. Even if Scott was injured in every meeting against all the team whos finished ahead of Ipswich and his rides scored 0, Ipwich still wouldn't have won the league. Again, don't rememebr any injured. He managed 40+ meeting
2007 - Coventry were brilliant this season, I think we lost about 6 meetings. If you gave me a few hours I could probably list them. Certainly twice at Swindon, home to Swindon, twice at Peterborough and probably Lakeside. I'm sure Scott was an ever present too. Ispwich finished 9 of 10, I'm not sure his fitness effected Ipswich.
2008 - At Eastbourne rode "only" 35 meeting and Louis rode 10. The only other time either had an injury effected season so this must be the year you mean?How did Scotts fitness effect Ipswich (and Eastbourne). Ipswich finished 4th, Eastbourne 5th. So Ipswich made the play-offs. Not sure Scott fitness/availability for Eastbourne would have made much difference/.

So I still call bullrubbish. Unless you can tell us the year you bet on Ipswich to win the league and both Nicholls and Louis got injured. Because it never happened.

where did I say it was not a year you suggested. I merely asked you for one year when this happened but you have not given me that. Obviously if you spew out loads of years you are going to get one right

Big clue for you is they lost their opening home match in this season

48 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

where did I say it was not a year you suggested. I merely asked you for one year when this happened but you have not given me that. Obviously if you spew out loads of years you are going to get one right

Big clue for you is they lost their opening home match in this season

I'll type slowly so you can follow. I have listed every single season that Scott Nicholls and Chris Louis careers have overlapped (thats 1995 to 2008 inclusive), I went though every season they rode at Ipswich together (95-98, 01-02 & 04) and pointed out your claim of betting on Ipswich and that pair getting injured did not and could not have possibly happened as they have never both been injured at the same time. Other than 1998 Ipswich have only ever once been in with half a chance of winning a title in that time and that was 2004 when Ipswich made the play-offs which Louis and Nicholls rode in. There is no way any bookie would have made then 10/11 in any season other than 1998 but then no bookie that season would have made then 20/1 because even as a 13 year old I knew they were out and out favourites from the start.

You are a liar and a bullrubbishter. I have proven it. You could prove you're not by telling us the season but you can't.