British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

Betting in 2018

9 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

I'm not well up on betting, but does that mean that Poole would have had to win by between 5 and 9 points to avoid losing your money? 

And anyone daft enough to risk that kind of money has just poured £90 down the drain?

No he made £10 profit as Somerset were 11/10. If the score had finished between 5 & 9 he would have made £200 profit, its a good gamble and only missed out by 1 point.

2 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

£10 on the bet that won, but lost £100 on the bet that lost?    So he lost £90?

No he won £110 on the bet he won and lost £100 on the other so £10 profit.

Edited by Rob B

1 minute ago, WalterPlinge said:

Risking £200 to win a tenner doesn't seem very bright to me. 

No offence you don't seem very bright, he wasn't risking £200 both bets couldn't have lost most he could have lost was £10 if Poole had won by more then 9.

No offence but I'd have just bet on Somerset with a 10 point start.   Winning £220 for a £200 stake seems a hell of a lot better than winning £10 for staking £200.     I guess it's not me that isn't very bright.

Edited by WalterPlinge

7 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

No offence but I'd have just bet on Somerset with a 10 point start.   Winning £220 for a £200 stake seems a hell of a lot better than winning £10 for staking £200.     I guess it's not me that isn't very bright.

And if Poole had won by 10 or more you would have lost £200. Like you said not very bright, its a good gamble with a possible maximum £10 loss to possibly win £200. 

If he had staked 110 pounds on Poole to win -4 he couldn't have lost any money whatever the score and have 210 profit ie doubling his money if Poole win between 5-9. Seems a clever bet to me. 

Take that back a free bet to win 210 pounds on Poole to win between 5-9 

Edited by Anzum
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Anzum said:

If he had staked 110 pounds on Poole to win -4 he couldn't have lost any money whatever the score and have 210 profit ie doubling his money if Poole win between 5-9. Seems a clever bet to me. 

Take that back a free bet to win 210 pounds on Poole to win between 5-9 

Yes exactly. Didn't do it myself as didn't see it but have done them in past but quite rare now as there is rarely any more then 2 point difference between bookies.

Its hard going this betting lark,belle vue get slaughtered at Leicester then win at somerset ,decided to bet on golf this week and had an e/w tickle on Ollie scheiderjans @ 33/1 at the Wyndham's.

Tough tonight. Gone Ellis v Tungate

Batch over and ex 10... Thinking Kurtz might night match his Poole form at the Abby.

Only small on both for a bit of interest, as I see the updates coming in.

Edited by Bald Bloke

One Polish Nice Polska league match tonight- Lodz v Pila- i know Pila haven`t got a great team  but +30 is one hell of a handicap.

Edited by racers and royals

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

One Polish Nice Polska league match tonight- Lodz v Pila- i know Pila haven`t got a great team  but +30 is one hell of a handicap.

I thought that, but then when I checked their team I couldn't see 30 points :lol:

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Great call