British Speedway Forum

Feel for Buxton. There are only a few riders who would fit and get near the points limit. With Mellish & Priest still returning from injury, geography ruling out Hunter  & wages probably ruling out Hall its going to take quite the rabbit out of the hat to complete what was looking like a promising side.

Any old-timers that could be tempted away from their slippers and pipe?

Oops sorry. Didn't mean to use the "P" word.

:unsure:

Shane Hazelden was at the Birmingham press and practice  today and  looked sharp. He said he was on about 5.4 but thought that might be reduced to around 4.9 due to missing last season due to injury 

certainly looked to be over the injury and could do you a good job 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Long ol journey for shaneo every week 

Geographically Buxton always suffer difficulties attracting riders however the opportunities are there. Do riders want a team place and the chance to put themselves in the window for future seasons or sit on the sidelines getting rusty and hope for something closer to pop up mid season?

Not directed at Shane btw just unemployed riders in general. Hope he does get fixed up somewhere though, be great to see him back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Shane Hazelden was at the Birmingham press and practice  today and  looked sharp. He said he was on about 5.4 but thought that might be reduced to around 4.9 due to missing last season due to injury 

certainly looked to be over the injury and could do you a good job 

He has said it is too far 

27 minutes ago, Jayne said:

He has said it is too far 

I do find it staggering that its "too far". I bet if Glasgow came knocking it would be a different story.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I do find it staggering that its "too far". I bet if Glasgow came knocking it would be a different story.

Actually your wrong as Shane wouldn't be able to do that either. We are both self employed and have our own customers to think of

Edited by GARRYH
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I wonder who Buxton will sign for their 7th rider!

Good question, Sid.

Are you free on Sunday afternoons?

A lightly soiled sheepskin race suit in 2XL is available if you are up for it.

4 minutes ago, fubar said:

Good question, Sid.

Are you free on Sunday afternoons?

A lightly soiled sheepskin race suit in 2XL is available if you are up for it.

If thats the Buxton pay rates no wonder they are struggling............Quite rightly Buxton won't break the bank for a 6 point rider as the club comes first over silly demands. But the list of riders left to use up the points is shrinking and im sure there is only so many times Ryna Blacklocks arm can be twisted. I can see a rider like O'Keefe who has bike and is prepared to travel completing the side even if it leaves them starting badly under the limit.

49 minutes ago, Hunters said:

George Hunter is still free and looks a decent prospect. Hoped to have him at Arlington this year.

So where does George Hunter live?

Is he handy for the Peak District?

51 minutes ago, Hunters said:

George Hunter is still free and looks a decent prospect. Hoped to have him at Arlington this year.

Go back a page.   He's already turned Buxton down.