British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, fubar said:

So where does George Hunter live?

Is he handy for the Peak District?

Essex, so no.

5 hours ago, Hunters said:

George Hunter is still free and looks a decent prospect. Hoped to have him at Arlington this year.

He didn't want to do it as he said it was too far.

9 hours ago, Jayne said:

He didn't want to do it as he said it was too far.

Near to an announcement on the last rider?

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Near to an announcement on the last rider?

Islander15, you are wise beyond your years.

Just to back up your hunch, I did notice the Buxton Hitmen Vorsprung durch Technik staff motor in the guests' car park at Belle Vue on Saturday night.

I have a suspicion that one of the Men in Black might have been approached for a sheepskin race suit fitting.

Cor-blimey Buxton are complete! Youngster with a decent NJL average although not sure if this was from 125 or 500? Certainly a rider whos been tipped in certain circles. Big ask to slot him in at number 2 if as implied in the press release and hopefully he gets a fair run at reserve at some point. Buxton ending up 3 points under the limit though is going to create a tough season ahead i fear.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

The NDL is about developing youngsters and Buxton are sticking to that ideal with young Corban.

It does leave Buxton with 3 weak reserves though.    Surely Whitmore will have to move up and leave the 2 rookiesat reserve.   You can't go putting a 15--year-old out in heat 1 for his league debut.

2 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

The NDL is about developing youngsters and Buxton are sticking to that ideal with young Corban.

It does leave Buxton with 3 weak reserves though.    Surely Whitmore will have to move up and leave the 2 rookiesat reserve.   You can't go putting a 15--year-old out in heat 1 for his league debut.

Think you could be right? I recall seeing somewhere that in the event of an average tie one of the governing bodies decides the order and with Whitmore having most league experience would make more sense to see him running at 2.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think you could be right? I recall seeing somewhere that in the event of an average tie one of the governing bodies decides the order and with Whitmore having most league experience would make more sense to see him running at 2.

No.   The governing body don't decide.

If there's a tie, and they have a previous average, then the one with the highest average in the previous month takes priority.   But in this case where they've all always been 3.00, then it's up to the club to nominate which one goes in the top 5.

I just think from a common-sense point of view, it wouldn't be wise to put a 15-year-old into the main body for his league debut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those 2 words again, common sense,  I would use him at 2 & see what happens. What have Buxton got to lose?

24 minutes ago, pete cc said:

Those 2 words again, common sense,  I would use him at 2 & see what happens. What have Buxton got to lose?

Sadly the name of the game in all leagues at present is to have the rider with highest scoring potential possible at reserve. Unfortunately for Buxton that is Whitmore who's scorecard generally reads like my reaction to his signing OOOF

On 28/03/2018 at 12:16 PM, WalterPlinge said:

No.   The governing body don't decide.

If there's a tie, and they have a previous average, then the one with the highest average in the previous month takes priority.   But in this case where they've all always been 3.00, then it's up to the club to nominate which one goes in the top 5.

I just think from a common-sense point of view, it wouldn't be wise to put a 15-year-old into the main body for his league debut.

Exactly. So it makes much more sense to have Whitmore at reserve and give him potentially 6 rides in a tight encounter. However it’s a stark introduction to the NL for Pavitt, or Douglas, who faces an opposition number 1 in their first ride and no luxury of grabbing a point in heat 2. It looks a difficult year up in Derbyshire after they assembled good teams on paper for the past couple of years which unrivalled as the seasons went on. 

On 28/03/2018 at 11:36 AM, fubar said:

Islander15, you are wise beyond your years.

Just to back up your hunch, I did notice the Buxton Hitmen Vorsprung durch Technik staff motor in the guests' car park at Belle Vue on Saturday night.

I have a suspicion that one of the Men in Black might have been approached for a sheepskin race suit fitting.

How old do you think I am haha?

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

How old do you think I am haha?

Well, 15 obviously.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I’m 22 :o

You need to change your handle to Islander22 then matey.