British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, fubar said:

You need to change your handle to Islander22 then matey.

I’d prefer ‘Islander’ but it was taken :blink:

15 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I’m 22 :o

Really!! Never known such a sensible 22 year old. 

• Like 1

Just now, gazzac said:

Really!! Never known such a sensible 22 year old. 

Islander15 ---Old before his time!:)

• Like 2

With less than a week to the first home match does anyone know?

1 Are prices same as 2017? (2017 prices only still on website).

2 Who qualifies for concessions?

3 Is the Stoke home match September 16th still TBC?

4 hours ago, RS50 said:

With less than a week to the first home match does anyone know?

1 Are prices same as 2017? (2017 prices only still on website).

2 Who qualifies for concessions?

3 Is the Stoke home match September 16th still TBC?

1 - no changes to 2017 prices (website will be updated accordingly)

2 - Student, Disabled and 65+ (with proof of entitlement)

3 - Thought it had been changed to be honest but will have to investigate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RS50 said:

Do they still have the burger van there on match days?

Well they had a catering van last Sunday but it wasn't the usual bloke in the green transit.

He was parked at the Cat & Fiddle selling teas to frozen cyclists and his place has been taken by a rather snazzier looking operator who seems to have something to do with the banger racing wallahs.

Can't comment on the prices because they seemed to have forgotten to put them on the board.

A burger van is not much help to me because I'm a vegetarian but hopefully, they can dish something up for you RS50.

Just been on Buxton fixtures website page and it is showing no fixture 10 June previously was home match against Mildenhall. Per Mildenhall fixture list match still on. Also the National league match against Birmingham seems to have disappeared. And is the final match against Stoke still showing as TBC ever going to get final confirmation?

21 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Just been on Buxton fixtures website page and it is showing no fixture 10 June previously was home match against Mildenhall. Per Mildenhall fixture list match still on. Also the National league match against Birmingham seems to have disappeared. And is the final match against Stoke still showing as TBC ever going to get final confirmation?

I would be surprised if the fixtures were complete tbh .

No one wants to ride for them which isn't a surprise when the management publicly alledge  you of been a liar .

This season has been so badly run there with there management making accusations towards other teams management , riders ,referees and even there own riders and all publicly but guess what it's not there fault it's everyone elses on each occasion.. 

I remember a couple of seasons back when there current manager Josh moss who at the time was there gate opening and closing boy said to me he hoped this rain would continue and the meeting be  called off so he could go to watch mancity play football that's how much he cares about Buxton speedway .I'm sure people will say everything I've said is rubbish but I know it's true and so do many other people .

Now I'm not saying all the incidents are buxtons fault at all but they haven't dealt with any situation this season very well ...

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

8 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I would be surprised if the fixtures were complete tbh .

No one wants to ride for them which isn't a surprise when the management publicly alledge  you of been a liar .

This season has been so badly run there with there management making accusations towards other teams management , riders ,referees and even there own riders and all publicly but guess what it's not there fault it's everyone elses on each occasion.. 

I remember a couple of seasons back when there current manager Josh moss who at the time was there gate opening and closing boy said to me he hoped this rain would continue and the meeting be  called off so he could go to watch mancity play football that's how much he cares about Buxton speedway .I'm sure people will say everything I've said is rubbish but I know it's true and so do many other people .

Now I'm not saying all the incidents are buxtons fault at all but they haven't dealt with any situation this season very well ...

Well for my two penneth worth, when I gave my Birmingham readmission ticket for the Stoke match, she had a face like a slapped arse!

Well just for the record I am not trying to create any anti Buxton feeling. I was thinking of going  this Sunday when I looked at the fixture list to see if the Birmingham trophy match had been arranged. Surely if this Sundays match is off better to let everyone know as soon as possible to ensure no one travels needlessly

Edited by RS50

Wasn’t there meant to be an announcement at the meeting or in due course a statement I’m sure I read on Buxton Facebook 

It’s difficult for Buxton to compete since the “big” clubs came along as money that used to be acceptable no longer is due to what’s being offered elsewhere. The irony is that these clubs bleated on about  rising cost and wanted a level playing field. When this didn’t come they closed and/or dropped down. 

I can only think they have short memories as what they complained about a few years ago seems ok now the boot is on the other foot. 

The Colts got gazumped and rather than participate in a bidding war just said no, we have our (small) budget and that’s it. Probably will cost us another title but so be it. 

Edited by ouch