British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Why was the natch cancelled?

Yes why was the match cancelled   please give us an  answer  Jayne

Rider availability I’m guessing, no coles, no Pavitt, wallinger doesn’t want to be there, sad times for Buxton, will they see the season out? Another young stars collapse? Time will tell. 

I really do hope Buxton continue.  Played a huge part in the progress of many riders. Cookie the wright brothers and many many more. 

I think teams like Eastbourne Birmingham Cradley have driven up pay rates to get the best riders and this is crucifying teams like iow Buxton and kings Lynn young stars are no more due to riders wanting more than the sport can pay. 

• Like 5

The NL cannot continue in its current form. The weaker clubs are teetering on the brink, and the bigger clubs carry on regardless. Too many lop sided matches have put a lot of fans off attending meetings.

• Like 2

city rebels comments are bang on, ive no allegiance to any side but theres way way too much of a gap between top and bottom in this league, clubs will go under very soon

Easy - position Div 2 at Div 2/ NL level and move Birmingham, Easty, CH, and whov=ever up

D2 clubs are struggling too - this would help them. Get the D1 riders out of D2 or at least cut them down by allowing only 1 or 2 DU per team

At the moment there isn't enough of a gap between D1 and 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

Easy - position Div 2 at Div 2/ NL level and move Birmingham, Easty, CH, and whov=ever up

D2 clubs are struggling too - this would help them. Get the D1 riders out of D2 or at least cut them down by allowing only 1 or 2 DU per team

At the moment there isn't enough of a gap between D1 and 2

Bang on and an amalgamation of Prem and Champ will be necessary.

Thee will be a big difference in strength between the top riders and second string and then reserves in each team but it will give opportunities.

I would advocate changing the race order to give more balance to the heats - it’s been done before.

Averages will go haywire but that’s a small price to pay.

Although I can't say difinitively I wouldn't imagine Mildenhall would have a massive budget to work with but they have put a very competitive side together with three 3pt riders.

Granted its now costing alot with the huge points totals they are racking up most weeks but with 6 of their originally signed riders being U21 I don't think they are being paid a fortune. 

averages (to which we now appear to be the slave) could be weighted in reserve races, or protected heats or whatever.

Complicated but worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

Although I can't say difinitively I wouldn't imagine Mildenhall would have a massive budget to work with but they have put a very competitive side together with three 3pt riders.

Granted its now costing alot with the huge points totals they are racking up most weeks but with 6 of their originally signed riders being U21 I don't think they are being paid a fortune. 

They are having to face the cost of their rent being doubled this year

23 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

They are having to face the cost of their rent being doubled this year

Is that down to spedeworth?

16 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Is that down to spedeworth?

I don't know. The rent doubling was reported by the Speedway Star a few weeks back.

18 hours ago, Super Blue said:

I’d be amazed if Ayres Bailey Kemp were on less than £25 a point Halsey probably £20 as needed the ride as with Kinsley as he has been a dark horse so more of a punt and he’d probably never seen large wage packets at the stars or hitmen. Marson and Beebee probably £15er point. All still above the standard 10&10 ruling mind you.