British Speedway Forum

It’s the same with non league football as some players expect to earn their living just playing and not combining it with a job.

Edited by GWC

i know it's still pie in the sky with a long way to go but 'yorkshire dukes' as another stand alone set-up , is this another potential  nail for buxton ?

3 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Question gee jay...Are you suggesting that Halifax are to make a return to the sport...If so,  tell us more.

It's all over FB and has been in the Star I believe.  There are fairly advanced plans to bring back a Yorkshire Dukes team to an, as yet, unpublicised location in West Yorkshire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Question gee jay...Are you suggesting that Halifax are to make a return to the sport...If so,  tell us more.

yep , as stoke potter says. have been muted noises for a few years but seems to be a lot louder this week with a story inside front page of s/star , on facebook and recent posts on forum saying possible return on what sounds a new track as early as next year . definitely yorkshire dukes so not to alienate halifax or bradford fans with gary havelock saying he'd love to be involved .

• Like 1

Thanks...Yes I saw the news in S/S and I hope it has some truth in it.  Many hoped for new tracks in the past failed to come true. I wish

the would-be promoters all the very best in their efforts.

Did we ever get the official statement about why the match scheduled for 10th June was called off?

• Like 1