British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

THINGS DON'T CHANGE

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I will do.

We gonna look at a Witches Massif roadtrip then Baldy??

• Like 1

Speedway is a farce. true, so badly run that at times it seems as if it isn't "run" at all. it just stumbles along randomly and aimlessly.

Interesting that Phillip's article was from 1981, it was a bit bonkers before then too.

When Birmingham joined the GOBL in 1976, they were treated like 2nd class citizens almost from the off and actually did pretty well to complete the season.

It was like the BSPA had shares in Bic biros. The low point perhaps being the infamous double RR with Bob Valentine riding at the time when one of the RRs was to cover him.

Carry On, Don't Lose Your Head, summed up our season. .

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Would be cool wouldn't it?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Would be cool wouldn't it?

Drop me an invite if you do plan one. I'd love to create a kind of "flash mob" for the hard work everyone on the Island is doing. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could get everyone who was thinking of visiting to go for the same meeting? Boost the gate by 50-100-200 who knows? Would certainly keep Barry & team busy greeting all the first time visitors :D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Drop me an invite if you do plan one. I'd love to create a kind of "flash mob" for the hard work everyone on the Island is doing. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could get everyone who was thinking of visiting to go for the same meeting? Boost the gate by 50-100-200 who knows? Would certainly keep Barry & team busy greeting all the first time visitors :D

Now that is an awsome idea

• Like 1

I have a terrific relationship with our 13 yr old grandson,  who likes nothing more than to share time with his dotting granddad.   He's a real dialled-in young man, obviously been spoilt,   but he embraces many pastimes.   His first love would be snowboarding,      The point I'm trying to make here,   he has been fortunate going to various events,   MotoX    Grass Track,  MotoGP;  Cardiff GP  plus   Lynn speedway ,  but speedway  at Lynn would come bottom of his list.     He says the racing is poor,   the noise is too quite and the night goes on too long.    Last year,  he said  Would I mind if he didn't go ,     cause not son......    so I reluctantly went alone..  .  

If the speedway is that poor,  a 13yr loses interest , there has to be something drastically wrong with sport.        

• Like 2

The now lack of smell and not so much noise has taken away what most people who used to go say they remember most.

At world superbikes last year they relaxed the noise level and it now sounds better than ever and really enhances the enjoyment.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, Tim G said:

EacMany a time I have paid £32 on the gate at a BSB event and have never felt that I have not had value for money.  It is an excellent day out for the cash and I cannot always say that about speedway.

Next week I am going to the Arenacross which again is fantastic value at £36. In our group we are taking a mum and her 11 year old who has never been to a motorcycle event. She wanted to show him motorbikes in the action as he quite enjoys the moto gp on tv.  I know that taking him there he will have a great night as it is non stop entertainment for 3 hours.

As living near Reading the closest track to me is Swindon and I know if we took them there the chance of her wanting to return is low due to the facilities at the stadium and the journey being a pain.

The only speedway that I would take them to is Cardiff.

Each to his own, I think. I have usually considered Superbikes (along with other motor cycle and motor car racing) to be tedious.

Cardiff costs twice as much as any other  meeting and the quality of the speedway is no better than one of our average circuits.

The racing at Belle Vue is twice as good for half the price.

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, Baldyman said:

Now that is an awsome idea

Do it. Make it a day on the Island if you can and go to the racing in the evening. You won't regret it.

Most promoters regard the BSF as a haven for stupid, ignorant, abusive trolls and treat it with contempt and derision .

This one spends 5 minutes engaging with us (costing him absolutely nothing) treats us as paying fans and could get £1,300 as a result. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 8