British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foamfence

Joe Jacobs

22 hours ago, foamfence said:

That has been common practice for low end riders for many years, even draft riders were on a guaranteed minimum.

Yeah, a minimum of £120. Despicable they get paid such luxurious amounts of money.

• Haha 1

Not being funny but id expect riders who aren't championship league heat leaders to have to have jobs outside of speedway to make it pay. i do feel sorry for joe jacobs as a 24 yo english lad not getting a ride. Announcing retirement though makes me question how much he really wanted it! If you want it enough then you don't quit. Its ok to not want it! but if he had to he could have rode nl and waited for an opportunity. as long as he was close to breaking even then he could have rode himself into a team place. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Not being funny but id expect riders who aren't championship league heat leaders to have to have jobs outside of speedway to make it pay. i do feel sorry for joe jacobs as a 24 yo english lad not getting a ride. Announcing retirement though makes me question how much he really wanted it! If you want it enough then you don't quit. Its ok to not want it! but if he had to he could have rode nl and waited for an opportunity. as long as he was close to breaking even then he could have rode himself into a team place. 

agree, there isn't the money for pro riders in the 2nd div unless they d/u

• Like 1

On 08/01/2018 at 1:44 PM, SCB said:

What makes Campton a special case? Is he sleeping with someone at immigration?

I’m not fully up to speed on the details, but I believe results in previous Australian state championships are taken into account — the target might be a top four spot, someone on here such as Tsunami will know. Campton confirmed at the end of season Comets awards night that he had a visa for 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

agree, there isn't the money for pro riders in the 2nd div unless they d/u

Or get a job outside of speedway. If you enjoy it you make it work. Surely?

• Like 1