British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arnieg

How Popular is Speedway in Poland

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Cardiff is also a capital city of sorts

But no team.

In fact a one weekend a year track in a "country" with no team.

Edited by uk_martin

Just now, uk_martin said:

But no team

Correct me if I am wrong but you said team/track...Edinburgh is anotherB)

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but you said team/track...Edinburgh is anotherB)

In name only. Their track at Armadale is 23 miles out of town.

And if I went to Cardiff tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to find a speedway track there.

Edited by uk_martin

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

In name only. Their track at Armadale is 23 miles out of town.

But the capital city has a team,which is what you said.If you mean something else then say it,but by saying track/team Cardiff,Edinburgh and Berlin are answers to your question as well as Prague

11 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But the capital city has a team,which is what you said.If you mean something else then say it,but by saying track/team Cardiff,Edinburgh and Berlin are answers to your question as well as Prague

I'll accept Prague. Are Berlin still going? The website suggests that there's nothing going on.

If you insist on Cardiff, then why not Warsaw?

I can't accept Edinburgh though. Lakeside is closer to London than Armadale is to Edinburgh. Heck Wolverhampton's track is closer to Birmingham than Armadale is to Edinburgh. No, nein, and thrice, niet!

9 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I'll accept Prague. Are Berlin still going? The website suggests that there's nothing going on.

If you insist on Cardiff, then why not Warsaw?

I can't accept Edinburgh though. Lakeside is closer to London than Armadale is to Edinburgh. Heck Wolverhampton's track is closer to Birmingham than Armadale is to Edinburgh. No, nein, and thrice, niet!

The Berlin website has a page set up for 2018 fixtures,just none announced.So suggests there will be something announced on that page in the future

Why not Warsaw?I never suggested it shouldn't be listed....

You asked about capital city tracks/teams,surely Edinburgh fits even if in name only?:blink: Think I am right in saying for most of their life West Ham weren't officially part of London until 1965 even though they were considered a London team.The track was situated in Essex

You set up the question and now don't like the answers and are trying to change the goal posts:D

Edited by iris123

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Now that's something Poland has in common with the rest of the world. Which other country has a capital city with a current speedway track/team in it?

Isn't Hammerby, who used to race in or around Stockholm the nearest to an answer to that question, and they've gone to wall now, haven't they?

I think Slovenia still has a track and team (as much as they have teams there) in the capital Ljubljana...

8 hours ago, arnieg said:

Like Rye House and London, it is a stretch to call Lunner Oslo.

You seem to be missing the point.UK Martin said capital cities don't have a team or track,giving that / means or.Now Edinburgh doesn't have a track,but has a team the same as Berlin,as does Oslo if the club is called Oslo Motorsport and has a speedway section.Not sure why the hell Rye House comes into things.It isn't in London and neither claims to be a London team.

Sure there are numerous cases in other sports.I do remember Belfast Celtic having to move out of Belfast,in fact move out of the country because of sectarian violence and carried on playing in the US for a year or two with their players.The situation didn't get any better back home and so the team died.But it is still considered Belfast Celtic carried on

As I said,if he doesn't like the answers he is getting then he asked the wrong question,because the answers are right

I guess that by that definition speedway is alive and well in places like Exeter, Long Eaton and Cradley, on the basis that there are lower league teams of riders taking to the track touting their names.

Who said anything about 'alive and well'? You asked if any capital cities had a team or track.Now again just because there are some that have a team,you can't take it and start moving the goal posts yet again to making out because Edinburgh,Berlin or Oslo has a team that it means they are 'alive and well'.You even said Berlin seemed 'dead as a dodo' looking at their website.Now on the website there was a Christmas greeting and a page set for 2018 fixtures!! If that is 'dead as a dodo' I am just glad you are not my doctor:lol: