British Speedway Forum
tyretrax

Jimmy Beaton.

RIP Jimmy.

Sad news RIP

Sad news indeed. A rider who returned to the sport after a serious injury threatened to finish his career.

2 hours ago, hobnob said:

Rip Jimmy great rider

It's Jimmy Snr. Glasgow Tigers President not Jim the rider.

17 minutes ago, daveallan81 said:

This sad news concerns Jimmy Beaton Senior, father of Bobby, Jim and the late George Beaton.

A true legend. RIP Jimmy.

Thanks for that...I did wonder.

5 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Jimmy sadly passed away this morning. R.I.P.

Sad news indeed mate , at Glasgow we have much to be thankful to Jimmy for , would we still be in existence without Jimmy Beaton - probably not . RIP Jimmy  your legacy will live on everytime a Glasgow rider takes to the track .

• Like 5

I saw jimmy arrive at derwent park driving the fans bus in 1987 drive the tractor round run the meeting then drive the bus back,the fans at glasgow have alot to thank him for,later spoke to him when he was in a wheelchair at glasgow still had a big smile on his face.rip jim.

We jokingly call the back straight terrace , where we watch from , the Charlie Monk stand . I cant think of a more fitting tribute than Glasgow to name the grandstand to honour the memory of Jimmy Beaton . Officially naming it the Jimmy Beaton stand would serve as a lasting thanks for all he did for the club . 

• Like 8

Great idea Paulco. Condolences to the Beaton family. RIP Jimmy

James Beaton Snr very much enjoyed his speedway and did a great deal keeping his team in business, often accompanied sons Bobby & Jim when they rode at Hull.  RIP....