Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trees

Ditch the Family Tag??

Recommended Posts

Problem is as stated by some already Speedway is neither family friendly or extreme for the modern generation.

Family friendly means clean well kept stadiums, good viewing for adults and children alike and toilets that do not disgust people. You then need a team that is prepared to interact with the fans, be around pre-meeting and not rush off after like all do now.

For the extreme side things are just not that dramatic to the instant generation. They want to see the thrills & spills, ideally in a 2 minute clip max and then move onto something else. Attention spans are short, anticipation is unnecessary technology has created an instant society and minority sports will continue to struggle.

There are plenty of grand ideas that could be used to promote the sport, demo's that could be put on with almost rehearsed racing which will have short term gains but all the while everyone is focused on saving the immediate the future is slipping further away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Problem is as stated by some already Speedway is neither family friendly or extreme for the modern generation.

Family friendly means clean well kept stadiums, good viewing for adults and children alike and toilets that do not disgust people. You then need a team that is prepared to interact with the fans, be around pre-meeting and not rush off after like all do now.

For the extreme side things are just not that dramatic to the instant generation. They want to see the thrills & spills, ideally in a 2 minute clip max and then move onto something else. Attention spans are short, anticipation is unnecessary technology has created an instant society and minority sports will continue to struggle.

There are plenty of grand ideas that could be used to promote the sport, demo's that could be put on with almost rehearsed racing which will have short term gains but all the while everyone is focused on saving the immediate the future is slipping further away.

I'd agree with that.The thing about ice hockey and arena jumps motox is the whole presentation is super.There is plenty of action going on and often something in the breaks,which come in handy for going to the loo or getting something to eat.The trouble with speedway,is it is outside in a poor stadium and the action to break ratio is way too far over on the nothing much is happening side.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I'd agree with that.The thing about ice hockey and arena jumps motox is the whole presentation is super.There is plenty of action going on and often something in the breaks,which come in handy for going to the loo or getting something to eat.The trouble with speedway,is it is outside in a poor stadium and the action to break ratio is way too far over on the nothing much is happening side.......

Presentation is huge and speedway have it very wrong (although many new attempts appear faddy). The other issue is Speedway & its fans don't know what they want it to be? Is it supposed to be an afternoon/evening out with excellent entertainment like a social event or is it supposed to be a quick fix and hammered through as quick as possible with a few thrills like an illicit rendezvous ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Presentation is huge and speedway have it very wrong (although many new attempts appear faddy). The other issue is Speedway & its fans don't know what they want it to be? Is it supposed to be an afternoon/evening out with excellent entertainment like a social event or is it supposed to be a quick fix and hammered through as quick as possible with a few thrills like an illicit rendezvous ?

Yes,i go to Denmark sometimes for league speedway and it is totally different to Germany.Because Denmark have a proper league with a number of home meetings it is the short,sharp night,whereas in Germany as most tracks only have two or three meetings per season it is the day out,take your time and bring your picnic,sort of occasion.I would say the crowd in Denmark is generally a younger one than attends in Germany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×