British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

Farewell Brandon - A Video Fly By

14 hours ago, brianbuck said:

The one thing which did strike me whilst watching the programme however, was the sheer size of the land on which the present stadium is sited. Surely there would be room for a housing estate AND a smaller replacement stadium (as has been promised, although still not delivered), at Swindon? I am just wondering whether this idea could be floated as a possible way of breaking the impasse with Brandon Estates?

I suspect that if this were agreed, the same thing would happen: plenty of promises, but no stadium. Or, if by some oversight, a track were built, some of the house buyers would complain about noise and have the track closed down!

• Like 1

Yes, it will be interesting to see if Swindon's new stadium ever materialises. Somehow I doubt it.

Did anyone else read the article in todays Mail on Sunday (page 75)? Sadly far too late to help Brandon, but might just ring an alarm bell somewhere and save a speedway track from extinction 

1 hour ago, ancient mariner said:

Did anyone else read the article in todays Mail on Sunday (page 75)? Sadly far too late to help Brandon, but might just ring an alarm bell somewhere and save a speedway track from extinction 

Yes, a pleasant surprise too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-5320571/Vital-venues-sporting-history-not-left-rot.html

Thank you Sotonian for adding the link to the soft copy as I only had hard copy (the newspaper) to hand.