British Speedway Forum
SCB

OAP concessions, why?

7 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Dont forget that when we removed the senior admission rate at Coventry we reduced the price of adult admission as well as allowing all children in free. It did increase overall attendance.

Yes sorry Neil I forgot to add that. Adult admission was reduced from £18 to £17 I believe.

4 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Glasgow seem to have gone the same way:

"In 2018 Standard adult tickets have also been reduced to £17, with the removal of concession pricing. Club co-owner Gerry Facenna explains: “It’s not a decision we have taken lightly. We already have a lot of over 65’s who pay for a full price ticket as they can afford it and know the club is losing money. We’re extremely grateful to our fans, they understand the situation at the club and have the club’s best interest at heart.”

" In 2018, kids under 12 go free at Glasgow Tigers! Alongside this, student prices have been reduced to £10 for those with a valid student ID card. These steps have been taken in the hope that it will encourage the next generation of speedway fans here in Glasgow and maintain the legacy of the sport for years to come.  "

So short term numbers don't mean too much, it's whether there is a long term increase and these freebies and reductions return as paying regulars over the next decade or longer? All other tracks seem to offer concessins in 2018 which tells you what you need to know perhaps?

While Glasgow have to be commended for their efforts to improve every aspect of the sport their Admission Prices are high compared to some tracks.If the punters are flocking in though!!!

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

There is a lady at foxhall that brings her knitting.

There is a lady at Leicester who always brings a book to read between races. Can't say I blame her.

11 hours ago, Gemini said:

There is a lady at Leicester who always brings a book to read between races. Can't say I blame her.

She can read a chapter between each race  :mad:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gemini said:

There's the answer to dwindling crowds and the lost generation of fans, a lending library at every track. Not only would the crowds soon be flooding back but they would have to come back for the following meeting to return their books. Genius.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

A woman might be reading a book but I bet the blokes are working out the next race, the ins and outs of the last etc, tactical possibilities etc ...... 

I'm far too busy between races trying to find suitable stones to put under one side of the folding chair to stop it wobbling, rearranging the blanket so it doesn't keep sliding off my knee and trying to get the top back on my flask, never mind trying to remember where I put the sugar.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Gemini said:

My girlfriend started to bring a book last season at Workington

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

There's the answer to dwindling crowds and the lost generation of fans, a lending library at every track. Not only would the crowds soon be flooding back but they would have to come back for the following meeting to return their books. Genius.

As long as they don't all borrow War  and Peace

15 minutes ago, Trees said:

A woman might be reading a book but I bet the blokes are working out the next race, the ins and outs of the last etc, tactical possibilities etc ...... 

Sexist!!!

Edited by Star Lady

3 hours ago, Trees said:

At kings Lynn fans can work out the next race ins and outs etc and read a book between each race while the tractor is going round and round. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

At kings Lynn fans can work out the next race ins and outs etc and read a book between each race while the tractor is going round and round. 

When I was younger,there was a group of about 10-15 of us on the 2nd bend,just before what was then the back straight bar.Intervals between races was the time to get another pint.:drink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

6 hours ago, Star Lady said:

As long as they don't all borrow War  and Peace

Sexist!!!

:D:D

6 hours ago, topaz325 said:

My girlfriend started to bring a book last season at Workington

OAP's cannot afford to go to Speedway and also buy a book.

35 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

OAP's cannot afford to go to Speedway and also buy a book.

Surely during dead time (or if there are any tracks lucky enough not having to suffer the bloody roving pit mic) the OAPs will surely be reading extracts from Warren Buffett's Investing & Life Lessons on How to Get Rich to the poor people standing beside and around them :o

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

She can read a chapter between each race  :mad:

When there is a sun break she can usually read the whole book.

• Like 1