British Speedway Forum
SCB

OAP concessions, why?

7 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Surely during dead time (or if there are any tracks lucky enough not having to suffer the bloody roving pit mic) the OAPs will surely be reading extracts from Warren Buffett's Investing & Life Lessons on How to Get Rich to the poor people standing beside and around them :o

You may be right but only if they could have got the book from the declining number of Public Libraries!!!

Slightly off the main subject but some years ago my brother and I "press ganged" our late mother to come with us to see our team Brentford then in Division 3 or 4. She came but

showed  total disinterest and  sat on the terraces reading a book.  Just before half time she suddenly looked up and said" which  team is Arsenal?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

You may be right but only if they could have got the book from the declining number of Public Libraries!!!

Wealthy OAP's no longer use such establishments, they get their staff to purchase the books while running errands in the town.

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Wealthy OAP's no longer use such establishments, they get their staff to purchase the books while running errands in the town.

That's certainly what I do

31 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

That's certainly what I do

And she's not happy about it :)

Actually, us OAP's now download e-books onto our readers, much lighter to carry around!  :)

• Like 4

On 15 January 2018 at 12:04 PM, Crump99 said:

Glasgow seem to have gone the same way: Club co-owner Gerry Facenna explains: “It’s not a decision we have taken lightly. We already have a lot of over 65’s who pay for a full price ticket as they can afford it and know the club is losing money. We’re extremely grateful to our fans, they understand the situation at the club and have the club’s best interest at heart.”

Names please?.............lol