British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

World under 21 finals 3rd round Pardubice Friday September 28th live on the internet

To be fair there have been rounds at Lynn and Gustrow in recent years which would on paper suit Robert much more but I agree, having a round at a small British track would add to the variety and open things up a bit. Having the first two rounds in Czecho and Poland has given the two best Poles the chance to steal a march and they have taken that opportunity.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

To be fair there have been rounds at Lynn and Gustrow in recent years which would on paper suit Robert much more but I agree, having a round at a small British track would add to the variety and open things up a bit. Having the first two rounds in Czecho and Poland has given the two best Poles the chance to steal a march and they have taken that opportunity.

I didn’t know that Daugavpils is in the Czech Rep lol

Doh, was thinking Pardubice but that was last year  :oops:  same principle with Latvia though.

Drabik will win the title and fair play to him, he is a special talent. 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Doh, was thinking Pardubice but that was last year  :oops:  same principle with Latvia though.

Drabik will win the title and fair play to him, he is a special talent. 

Pardubice is the 3rd and last round this year

Ah fair enough, thought it was going to be Denmark but that thought is obviously way out of date. Perfectly tailored to a Polish winner in that case.

Ah fair enough, thought it was going to be Denmark but that thought is obviously way out of date. Perfectly tailored to a Polish winner in that case.

You need to ask FIM to change tracks next year,they changed SWC to SON couse Poland have too many good riders.Maybe now they will do same thing with u21 to stop polish riders taking gold year after year.:rolleyes:

Btw Lambert is already great rider,he just need to learn more polish tracks and you will have a new Mark Loram in next 2-3 years.

Edited by levybydg
  • Like 1

....Perfectly tailored to a Polish winner in that case.

Do I detect "sour grapes" from your post ?...well, why then British speedway is not interested in staging any of U-21 World Championships rounds?

21 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Do I detect "sour grapes" from your post ?...well, why then British speedway is not interested in staging any of U-21 World Championships rounds?

Not at all, it is what it is.  We have had various rounds in the UK in recent years so no complaints. Of course it depends on which countries want to host rounds in any given year but it would be nice to have three rounds on different circuits rather than them all on eastern European tracks.

As I said Drabik will deserve to win it and well done to him but as a Lambert supporter he can be well satisfied with the experience and achievements he has gained this year with the GP qualifying (final to come) GP wildcard, Euro Champs, riding in four leagues and of course the U21 rounds.

11 hours ago, Col said:

Would be interesting to see Drabik & Smektala at Monmore. Lambert was much better at Leszno today than he was in SWC last year.

I bet they'd finish 15th and 16th respectively with Lambert scoring 21pts, Bewley 19pts and your wildcard Nathan Greaves 16pts :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, tarkens said:

I bet they'd finish 15th and 16th respectively with Lambert scoring 21pts, Bewley 19pts and your wildcard Nathan Greaves 16pts :rolleyes:

I know you are being sarcastic but I don't agree, Polish riders are far more accomplished on smaller tracks nowadays.

There is a fair bit of defensiveness on this thread which is a shame as I think the choice of tracks in a World Championship event is an important discussion.

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I know you are being sarcastic but I don't agree, Polish riders are far more accomplished on smaller tracks nowadays.

There is a fair bit of defensiveness on this thread which is a shame as I think the choice of tracks in a World Championship event is an important discussion.

The FIM have never given the standard of racing at any given track much thought  when choosing the challenge final venue.

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

i'm being sarcastic because every now and again I see on this forum posts like 'I wonder how'd xxx (from Poland) do on a track like Lakeside' etc.

it's boring and diminishing for some great Polish riders out there like Maks Drabik

I guess the tracks who are willing to pay the most to host the events are the ones chosen.  Can't really argue with Latvia, Poland & Czech Republic hosting an event each.  Neither Sweden nor Denmark have hosted a W U21 event for quite some time.

Edited by Col

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

The FIM have never given the standard of racing at any given track much thought  when choosing the challenge final venue.

Yes they take the track that is willing to host it and pay the prize money. And please note you can't blame BSI in this.

2 hours ago, Col said:

I guess the tracks who are willing to pay the most to host the events are the ones chosen.  Can't really argue with Latvia, Poland & Czech Republic hosting an event each.  Neither Sweden nor Denmark have hosted a W U21 event for quite some time.

Sweden has had quali rounds, and did this year as well. The problem is that only 150 people are interested to pay 12 euros to enter while the prize money is twice or triple that.