British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

SBP best pairs 2018 live on Eurosport

Happening again in 2018- presumably will be on Eurosport - 3 rounds in total

round 1 Torun  Saturday March 24th  start time 5pm UK time

round 3 Landshut Thursday  May 10th    ( bank holiday in Germany) start time 12noon UK time

round 2 will be announced in a couple of weeks time.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

From the SBP website

" In this year's edition, six sponsor teams will take part in the competition. Teams' roster are filled with riders, who gained international successes last year. Fans will witness racing by guys like Greg Hancock, Emil Sayfutdinov, Patryk Dudek or Andzejs Lebedevs.

Each of the three rounds will consist 15 heats of the main series (5 rounds of starts, each team against each other), 2 semi-finals and final heat. What's interesting, comparing it to the last years, winner of the main series will not secure their spot in the final heat. In the semis, we'll have teams from positions 1-4. This team, which will win the main series, will have an option to choose their rival in the semi-final (from positions 2-4). Winners of the semis go straight to the final."

After the end of the round, general classification will be filled according to positions with points: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.

1st 2 team squads announced

FOGO POWER
Emil Sayfutdinov

Piotr Pawlicki
Jarek Hampel

MONSTER
Greg Hancock
Chris Holder
Pawel Przedpelski
Jack Holder

Definitely on Eurosport again this season.

Edited by racers and royals

Running around midday during the week shows just how little even the organisers think of this competition. Always said it was pointless, nothing has changed my mind.

28 minutes ago, SCB said:

Running around midday during the week shows just how little even the organisers think of this competition. Always said it was pointless, nothing has changed my mind.

Pretty sure there is a tradition of running German bank holiday meetings during the daytime-as it`s the  final round I expect a decent crowd in Landshut.

1 hour ago, SCB said:

German bank holiday.    Not every meeting with be run for the UK convienience.

Edited by Mark

2 hours ago, Mark said:

German bank holiday.    Not every meeting with be run for the UK convienience.

Or Polish, Swedish and Danish.... yes, let’s run a competition to suit the Germans and the Germans alone.

3 minutes ago, SCB said:

Or Polish, Swedish and Danish.... yes, let’s run a competition to suit the Germans and the Germans alone.

Just set the SKY box or equivalent and record it, don`t check any scores and watch it "delayed live" in the evening. Sorted !!!!!!

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Just set the SKY box or equivalent and record it, don`t check any scores and watch it "delayed live" in the evening. Sorted !!!!!!

Why? It’s a pointless meeting. I wouldn’t cross the road to watch it. I’ll give it a miss. I just don’t get speedway  for speedways sake, certainly not pairs with it’s pointless even if it is for a World Cup.

3 minutes ago, SCB said:

Why? It’s a pointless meeting. I wouldn’t cross the road to watch it. I’ll give it a miss. I just don’t get speedway  for speedways sake, certainly not pairs with it’s pointless even if it is for a World Cup.

So you wouldn`t have watched it even if it had started at 7.30pm UK time !!!!  I will ask BSI if they resurrect the Australian GP can they run it in the morning local time- so that it`s evening our time !!!!

1 hour ago, SCB said:

In Germany on a German bank holiday, I don't see the problem.   If they can fill the stadium then good for them.

On 02/03/2018 at 1:58 PM, racers and royals said:

From the SBP website

" In this year's edition, six sponsor teams will take part in the competition. Teams' roster are filled with riders, who gained international successes last year. Fans will witness racing by guys like Greg Hancock, Emil Sayfutdinov, Patryk Dudek or Andzejs Lebedevs.

Each of the three rounds will consist 15 heats of the main series (5 rounds of starts, each team against each other), 2 semi-finals and final heat. What's interesting, comparing it to the last years, winner of the main series will not secure their spot in the final heat. In the semis, we'll have teams from positions 1-4. This team, which will win the main series, will have an option to choose their rival in the semi-final (from positions 2-4). Winners of the semis go straight to the final."

After the end of the round, general classification will be filled according to positions with points: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.

1st 2 team squads announced

FOGO POWER
Emil Sayfutdinov

Piotr Pawlicki
Jarek Hampel

MONSTER
Greg Hancock
Chris Holder
Pawel Przedpelski
Jack Holder

Definitely on Eurosport again this season.

It'll be interesting to see whether Chris Holder favours the Torun meeting or Poole's 70th Anniversary meeting and Gala Dinner (23/24 March), for which its been announced that he is attending?!

SBP is not in a position to demand anything. They are not a FIM or FIM Europe sanctioned championship. So yes, it will be interesting. Nothing beats a good argument to kick start the season! B)

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It'll be interesting to see whether Chris Holder favours the Torun meeting or Poole's 70th Anniversary meeting and Gala Dinner (23/24 March), for which its been announced that he is attending?!

Personally don't think it is that interesting.He is part of a squad and not even that good any more.......