racers and royals

SBP best pairs 2018 live on Eurosport

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, racers and royals said:

Announced today that a new team is one of this years 6 team competition

Team Bauhaus- Swiss based pan-European company

Jonsson

Thorssell

Wiktor Lampart

Actually a German diy company with a somewhat iffy reputation for workers rights.Guess there is a reason they are 'Swiss based'B) 

17 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Actually a German diy company with a somewhat iffy reputation for workers rights.Guess there is a reason they are 'Swiss based'B) 

They have the same reputation over here. But on the other hand the stuff they sell is usually the same as next door yet cheaper. And they are putting money in to speedway. So thank you Bauhaus!

2 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

They have the same reputation over here. But on the other hand the stuff they sell is usually the same as next door yet cheaper. And they are putting money in to speedway. So thank you Bauhaus!

I have one just down the road.Will have to go down any buy something as a 'thank you':P

Utter guff waste of time tournament to massage a few corporate ego’s. 

Pointless event where fans have zero affinity to any team. Would be meaningful if club or country.  As it stands, unless you are an employee, who cares?

• Like 3

Of course,the competition has been snookered by BSI and the FIM now.When it was an international team tournament it was interesting,but obviously got up BSI's nose.Since turning into some strange firms event it has lost a lot of interest and I expect now BSI have moved into the pairs territory there is even less point in the thing.Some speedway fans on the fringe will still lap up anything thoughB)

Fogo look as though they'll be missing Piotr Pawlicki due to injury!!

Good to have a TV meeting so early in the season.  I will enjoy the racing.

Always a question mark against those.The British league has never had better coverage on tv than in the last decade,but what has it dome?The state of British speedway has continually dropped over that same period.As for sponsorship,there is also a question mark as to what extent that helps,and to what amount is pumped into the sport.I kind of have the feeling that this sponsorship is on the level that McDonalds sponsored Tobi Kroner or Robert Barth....i.e if you asked at McDonalds HQ about the sponsorship nobody would have a Scooby doo what you were talking about

On 09/03/2018 at 3:55 AM, f-s-p said:

And they are putting money in to speedway. 

For whom? For a private promoter and maybe 18 riders going through the motions in a utterly pointless event?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

For whom? For a private promoter and maybe 18 riders going through the motions in a utterly pointless event?

don't watch it then, easy.

On 09/03/2018 at 2:02 PM, racers and royals said:

Trans mf announced

Smolinski

Madsen

lebedevs

just  1 team to go now

Where can I get the Trans MF merch??

Can just see a large portion of the crowd now, chanting, “tranny muff, tranny muff!”

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Andreas Jonsson and Jacob Thorssel. Over 100k a year has been speculated.