Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

SBP best pairs 2018 live on Eurosport

Sportowefakty have said around 4000 crowd at Torun

video(polish)

Short version- all heats(Polish)

English commentary

Edited by racers and royals

Not the same without team eport 200.pl (sniff).

Congratulations to Onesport for not crashing into the Motocross by three minutes. 

turn on, tune in, turn off. zzzzzzzzzzzz pointless.

Edited by pugwash
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, pugwash said:

turn on, tune in, turn off. zzzzzzzzzzzz pointless.

You did the right thing if your not interested.      Those who watched seemed to enjoy the meeting.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

You did the right thing if your not interested.      Those who watched seemed to enjoy the meeting.  

It's just that the teams seem so unrepresentative.  I watched 8 or 10 heats then turned off thinking this is going nowhere. Obviously lots more fans thinking on same lines as crowd was crap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Not the same without team eport 200.pl (sniff).

Congratulations to Onesport for not crashing into the Motocross by three minutes. 

You’ll be pleased to know that eKantor is an affiliated company... check their website to find out more!

Seriously, great effort by everyone there to get the track fit, and to run successfully to such a tight schedule. 

5 minutes ago, david_rowe said:

You’ll be pleased to know that eKantor is an affiliated company... check their website to find out more!

Seriously, great effort by everyone there to get the track fit, and to run successfully to such a tight schedule. 

I thought the highlight was seeing Marcelina Rutkowska again- it`s been a long winter ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

I thought the highlight was seeing Marcelina Rutkowska again- it`s been a long winter ;)

Obviously has for a Royals fan :lol: Come on you Lions:approve:

As for the meeting,i am in agreement with some of the others.Just had the feel of a training meeting with a stadium 25% full,if that.Turned off after 5 heats.One or two of the teams didn't even have team suits!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Obviously has for a Royals fan :lol: Come on you Lions:approve:

As for the meeting,i am in agreement with some of the others.Just had the feel of a training meeting with a stadium 25% full,if that.Turned off after 5 heats.One or two of the teams didn't even have team suits!!!!

" There`s only one Paul Clement " !!!!  flown in to save our season :D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, James Carter said:

I thought given the circumstances it was a pretty decent match. Madsen looked very good which is encouraging for Czestochowa 

Madsen looks like aWorld Champ at times espiecially in Poland very fast and made some great passes.Inconsistant though.

On 26/03/2018 at 4:02 PM, david_rowe said:

Hmmm - a little too Zielona Gora-flavoured for my taste. My loyalties are now up for grabs. I can't see there being a queue. :D

It was a reasonably interesting meeting but not a classic by Torun standards. Like many I find the whole sponsored team format questionable and wonder if once Onesport were prevented from using international 'teams' that it might have been wiser to simply close down the pairs. Still, it was a  couple of hours' speedway and to me that's a better way to spend a couple of hours, even if the result  is pretty irrelevant, but then we live in an era when even league matches are dismissed as 'meaningless' by some elements of the BSF. 

It was enjoyable but I am still very wary of Onesport, even if the conflict with Britain has been eased by the BSPA agreeing to be corralled into a two night week for their top league. I suspect they won't be happy until they have the SGP contract, at which point I doubt we'll see any more of these events or the SEC. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Madsen looks like aWorld Champ at times espiecially in Poland very fast and made some great passes.Inconsistant though.

Agreed I think generally he is very, very good. (just checked and he was 4th in the Polish Averages last year) but then he has meetings like the SGP challenge  and you start to think that to make the SGP's he is going to need a pick

Agree,you would have thought he would been a fav to get through last year,but I think the Qualifier in Russia caused a lot of logistical problems for a number of riders.

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,you would have thought he would been a fav to get through last year,but I think the Qualifier in Russia caused a lot of logistical problems for a number of riders.

In the SEC he was terrible- finishing 12th with 20pts over the 4 meetings