British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

SBP best pairs 2018 live on Eurosport

On 12/04/2018 at 9:00 AM, racers and royals said:

At least one change will need to be made for the 2nd round in Rzeszow as the Danes have a GP and SEC qualifier the same night in Holsted and Leon Madsen is in that meeting.

Leon Madsen has decided to ride in the Best Pairs instead.

Draw and line-ups announced. A reminder live on Eurosport 2 at 7.15pm UK time

Starkom Racing Team
1. Vaclav Milik
2. Gleb Chugunov

Monster Energy Speedway Team
3. Greg Hancock
4. Chris Holder
14. Paweł Przedpełski

Trans MF Pro Race Team
5. Martin Smolinski
6. Leon Madsen
15. AndzejsLebedevs

Team Bauhaus
7. Andreas Jonsson
8. Jacob Thorsell
16. Wiktor Lampart

Ekantor.pl Team
9. Patryk Dudek
10. Grzegorz Zengota
17. Piotr Protasiewicz

Fogo Power
11. Jarosław Hampel
12. Emil Sayfutdinov
18. Janusz Kołodziej

Edited by racers and royals

On 28.03.2018 at 1:27 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

... I just am very suspicious of why these One Sport events exist, beyond the chance to make a a bit of cash, which after all is the aim of business, but is it the aim of sport? 

In these days and age can you tell me whether there is  any sport not linked to a business.

We all know what you think about OneSport, so let us know what the BSI is doing in speedway ?...and why not FIM itself?

I find One Sport and their events an irrelevance that clutter the international schedule.

Your assumption that by being a British Speedway supporter that I must be a fan of an American (IMG) owned business is a shocking misjudgement. Indeed it seems that this is a line being pushed in Poland these days, judging by Sportowe 'Fakty' where BSI are portrayed as working in league with British Speedway against the interests of Poland. I think you'll find that most British supporters couldn't give a damn about BSI and I'm pretty certain the BSPA would have even less sympathy! Portraying poor old innocent Polish Speedway being bullied by the nasty Brits is morally and intellectually bankrupt.

BSI are nonetheless running the premier international events. I have my reservations about the revived World Pairs but the SGP decides the World Championship. That's a little more important than seeing which sponsor wins a curtailed 15 heat 6 pair tournament mainly staged on minor circuits. Whether or not BSI or the FIM are doing an acceptable job is also irrelevant to me. I enjoy watching the Grands Prix but speedway for me is a team sport and my real interest lies purely in the major leagues. 

I've seen the sport over 40-odd years bend over backwards to stimulate the sport in minor countries and I am still waiting for those efforts to bear any fruit. The 'tail wags the dog' in speedway and the needs of tracks that stage maybe three or four meetings a year often seem to be a greater priority than those in the major nations. The blunt truth is that these efforts aren't working and the developed speedway nations are paying the price!

Of course the links between business and sport are there. The question is having the right balance. 

Just what ARE One Sport achieving, apart from being parasites? 

I am not here to justify the actions of any speedway organisation, and ceretainly not BSI or the BSPA. Been there, had the T-shirt nicked. ;-) 

Right now in Britain we have rather more pressing matters - trying to keep our 90 year old sport from collapsing.

I'll watch tomorrow's pairs but only out of a deep love for watching speedway. I've watched and worked in the sport at all levels since 1971 and still love it deeply, despite some of the deeply depressing people, some of which were downright crooks, that  I've had to deal with over the years. Sometimes I wonder why, especially when reading this forum, bit I still just love watching speedway, but preferably a team match. 

As you can imagine I can 'smell' bull (trying to keep it polite) from a long distance after all these years and if people are out to pull the wool over people's eyes I'm not the best target. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 2

Amazing that they can focus on the start line girls but completely miss an overtake by Hampel that was telegraphed for a whole lap!

sums this competition up!

6 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Amazing that they can focus on the start line girls but completely miss an overtake by Hampel that was telegraphed for a whole lap!

sums this competition up!

They didn`t completely miss the overtake as you well know- slightly late with the camera switch I will grant you  ;)

Why can't those who don't want to watch and enjoy just switch off the TV.

I'm lost why anyone could be upset about money coming into the sport, riders getting paid to race, a good crowd and those who enjoy watching having a nice time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They didn`t completely miss the overtake as you well know- slightly late with the camera switch I will grant you  ;)

Bit like the helmet colour farce that just happened 

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

so professional and focussed NOT, mind you that was monster ..nuff said

I must admit I did find that frustrating, mainly because, as Star Lady said, it was obvious that the pass was coming yet the camera stuck with 3rd/4th place.

I've not really noticed any start girls though-_-