British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

SBP best pairs 2018 live on Eurosport

44 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Andreas Jonsson and Jacob Thorssel. Over 100k a year has been speculated.

Guess it all depends on what currency that 100k is in:blink::P But can you honestly see Thorsell or even Jonsson,who is over the hill getting that sort of money in pounds sterling when it has been estimated that the /th/8th best earner(Zmarzlik-Kolodziej) in the Polish league is on about 300k for a season?Some middleweight is getting 30% of that for 3 meetings that are nowhere near as important as Ekstraliga.....who has been doing the speculating is my next question:lol:

24 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Guess it all depends on what currency that 100k is in:blink::P But can you honestly see Thorsell or even Jonsson,who is over the hill getting that sort of money in pounds sterling when it has been estimated that the /th/8th best earner(Zmarzlik-Kolodziej) in the Polish league is on about 300k for a season?Some middleweight is getting 30% of that for 3 meetings that are nowhere near as important as Ekstraliga.....who has been doing the speculating is my next question:lol:

Bauhaus was their main sponsor last season, think they had Jonssons bike and kevlars all to themselves. I’m not talking about just sbp here....

And its different being paid money to ride compared to receiving sponsorship.

7 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Bauhaus was their main sponsor last season, think they had Jonssons bike and kevlars all to themselves. I’m not talking about just sbp here....

Oh ok.Maybe you can understand my confusion then as we were and particularly the post you quoted was most definitely:blink:

One could almost speculate from your post that there is very little extra sponsorship for this series,it is just a sponsor who is sponsoring these riders anyway....

Edited by iris123

8 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Andreas Jonsson and Jacob Thorssel. Over 100k a year has been speculated.

Where do you obtain that information.  Sterling or 100k zloty which would be about 20k uk

Speculation, not information. Euros. And honestly, for the very limited information I have over the past decade on rider sponsorship, I’m not that bothered about it. It most certainly can be correct, or even more. My point was that Bauhaus is putting money in to speedway, thats a good thing...

8 hours ago, f-s-p said:

. My point was that Bauhaus is putting money in to speedway, thats a good thing...

I guess it is,but wouldn't it be a really good thing if these companies paid their taxes,as well as paying a couple of speedway riders.Ok,the guy is now brown bread,but the german founder of the company was a billionaire,but payed the same amount of tax as one of the plasterers or carpenters that used his shop.In fact i'd guess AJ probably paid more tax than he didB)

17 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I guess it is,but wouldn't it be a really good thing if these companies paid their taxes,as well as paying a couple of speedway riders.Ok,the guy is now brown bread,but the german founder of the company was a billionaire,but payed the same amount of tax as one of the plasterers or carpenters that used his shop.In fact i'd guess AJ probably paid more tax than he didB)

Cant argue with any of that.

On 12/03/2018 at 9:52 AM, Humphrey Appleby said:

I doubt it'll be shown where I live, even if I wanted to. 

You're on a different planet.  Of that there is no doubt.

Last team named and draw for Saturday`s opening round

eKantor.pl Team:
1. Piotr Protasiewicz
2. Patryk Dudek
13. Grzegorz Zengota

Fogo Power:
3. Jarosław Hampel
4. Emil Sajfutdinow
14. Janusz Kołodziej

Starkom Racing Team:
5. Vaclav Milik
6. Gleb Czugunow

Monster Energy Speedway Team:
7. Greg Hancock
8. Paweł Przedpełski
16. Chris Holder

Team Bauhaus:
9. Andreas Jonsson
10. Jacob Thorssell
17. Wiktor Lampart

Trans MF Pro Race Team:
11. Martin Smolinski
12. Leon Madsen
18. Andrzej Lebiediew

• Like 1

Sadly Sportowe Fakty are casting doubt over Saturday's event. 

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/744481/get-well-przeklada-sparingi-i-odwoluje-treningi-co-ze-speedway-best-pairs

For those unable to follow the link or translate it appears that this week's training match at Torun against Unia Leszno, having already been switched from Wednesday to Thursday is off again due to frost in the track, rescheduled for next Wednesday, and unless temperatures rise there is a risk that the pairs may have to also be rescheduled. They're hoping the track ca be readied for practice on Friday.

Edited by RobMcCaffery

It appears that Torun have relaid the first bend. Sunday's timings are 1.30 pm parade, 2.05 pm first race, UK time. Bear in mind we switch to BST overnight so the clocks here go forward an hour. I presume CET is also switching the same night.

There could be problems with Eurosport who have live cycling scheduled on E1.

E2 has recorded motorcycling from Bangkok which could be shifted but are due to show live Motocross at 4 pm. We'll have to wait and see. I'm sure David Rowe can confirm. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery