British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

SBP best pairs 2018 live on Eurosport

Long Track at Herxheim at 12.30

This series needs knocking on the head, abysmal.

When the rider's are asked what they like about the series they're fumbling around trying hard to think of an answer accept for the real reason, it pays well.

To be constantly asking that question to the rider's I get the impression they're getting desperate to sell the product to tv companies and the paying public. 

• Like 2

I just watched it on Eurosport. Landshut is not the best of tracks anyway and it was far too dry with dust blowing everywhere the camera found difficulty seeing the riders in 3rd and 4th places, verey little overtaking. The watering of the track made little difference 2 laps and the dust was back. Anyone watching speedway for the first time would probably not bother to watch again, certainly not a good advert for speedway. With the track in better condition this could have been a fairly OK meeting but it was one of the most boring I had seen for a long time. I just wonder what the state of the crowds were when they returned to their cars they must have been covered with half the track on their clothes. I love speedway and do not like to be too critical, but this one was sadly a waste of time watching.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mike1944 said:

I just watched it on Eurosport. Landshut is not the best of tracks anyway and it was far too dry with dust blowing everywhere the camera found difficulty seeing the riders in 3rd and 4th places, verey little overtaking. The watering of the track made little difference 2 laps and the dust was back. Anyone watching speedway for the first time would probably not bother to watch again, certainly not a good advert for speedway. With the track in better condition this could have been a fairly OK meeting but it was one of the most boring I had seen for a long time. I just wonder what the state of the crowds were when they returned to their cars they must have been covered with half the track on their clothes. I love speedway and do not like to be too critical, but this one was sadly a waste of time watching.

Totally agree with You. I have just returend home from this meeting, and was like all the other people in the stadium covered in dust from head to toe. This was cruel - if speedway was always like that I would never go again.

It was not only the tv cameras, we in the stadium could not see the riders at times, either. The Polish promoters of this sereis have a habbit of leaving the tracks dry and dusty. Someone has told me they dont want the advertising boards on the fence covered with wet mud, so that the spnosors nams are always visible. Don't know if that  is true. Perhaps they were cautious because some rain was on predicted for later on the day.

Anyway, I can't remember seeing such massive dust clouds at a speedway meeting, and so little water being put on the track. I know that the people of AC Landshut would want to prepare their track very differently, but they are not allowed to by the Polish OneSport people, who take full control of this event. One Sport rents the race track and runs the show.

Let's hope for the sake of the sport, that we will get a well prepared race track for this year' SGP challenge, which takes place at this track. I am confident it will be good, because AC Landshut will be in Charge of the track again for the SGP Challenge. 

• Like 1

Terrible dusty track. Terrible spectacle. Gave up after 9 heats.

99.9% certain that the onesport speedway best pairs comp is no longer- Google translation of a Sportowefakty article

One Sport changes priorities. Speedway Best Pairs at 99 percent will not be
The SEC final in Chorzów, the expansion to Latvia and above all the fight for the right to be the promoter of the Grand Prix cycle, are the most important priorities of One Sport. The Speedway Best Pairs will disappear from the calendar of Polish company events.
Dariusz Ostafiński
Dariusz Ostafiński
04 November 2018, 11:17

For the last three years, the Speedway Best Pairs tournament has been a competition for team sponsors. Previously, we had prosecution at the level of representation, but after BSI intervention (they reminded them that they have rights to the world championships of couples), One Sport had to change the formula. Now, the Toruń company intends to completely abandon the cycle dominated by Fogo Power. He is the winner of the last three rounds of the SBP.
When we ask at One Sport for further SBP's future, we hear that 99 percent will not be tournament in season 2019. Polish promoters do not want to do anything by force. Besides, there were some problems with SBP recently. Frequency, but not only. The clubs were furious that their players were taking part in it. Malicious statements were made that you could just send speedway riders to "Żabka Cup".

SBP will not be, but One Sport remains, alongside BSI, the second major player on the speedway market. Next year, Poles will still be playing Tauron SEC tournaments (four rounds with the final in Chorzów - there is a plan to do it again) and IMŚJ. The friendly matches of the national team and the 250cc class championship will come to that. In December, however, you will be able to say more about the entry of One Sport into the Grand Prix cycle. Then there will be elections in FIM. If Wolfgang Srb wins, who knows our company and promotes it to a certain degree, there will be a chance to rebound the GP with the English BSI.

It is also worth mentioning that there is a plan of expansion to Latvia, where the government got interested in slag. This may end with the inauguration of the SEC in Riga and one of the rounds of the IMŚJ in Daugavpils. The match of the Polish national team in Latvia can not be ruled out.

The Pairs won't be missed by many people.    I love the Euro's and hope they expand as the press release says it will.    Chorzow should get better with a few changes to the track.