British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

So with most of the teams almost complete what are peoples ideas for how the table will look.

1. BELLE VUE (not complete but we pretty much know the 1-7)

2. LEICESTER (if Vaculik and the pole hit the ground running then they could even top the table)

3. POOLE (look strong but doubts over Holder and the 2 poles , if they all perform again could challenge for top)

4. SWINDON ( even after losing Doyle have managed to build a strong side again and could get in the play offs0

5. WOLVES (will always be there or thereabouts and home form will keep them close and could easily make top 4)

6. SOMERSET (if Doyle performs as he usually does they will be hard to beat at home but cant see them getting to much away)

7. RYE HOUSE ( a lot depends on who the last rider is but look a team without a big hitter0

8. KINGS LYNN (bit harsh but look like lacking a big hitter and again will struggle i feel)

Iversen not a big hitter?

Poole

Belle Vue

Leicester

Swindon

Somerset

Wolves

Rye House

King's Lynn 

That's not me being negative, just judging what I see on paper. Hopefully it will be way out ie Lynn surprise us all and Poole implode :D

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Iversen not a big hitter?

Poole

Belle Vue

Leicester

Swindon

Somerset

Wolves

Rye House

King's Lynn 

That's not me being negative, just judging what I see on paper. Hopefully it will be way out ie Lynn surprise us all and Poole implode :D

Not sure how Iversen will do over here if his heart isnt in it.

Poole imploded last season but if they all perform will be hard to beat,.......but they have risks attached 

Why would his heart not be in it? Has always given his all in the UK.

The potential weaknesses in the Lynn team are elsewhere, Puk will be fine assuming he has recovered from injury properly. Looking at the other heat leaders around the league he should rack up plenty of points.

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why would his heart not be in it? Has always given his all in the UK.

The potential weaknesses in the Lynn team are elsewhere, Puk will be fine assuming he has recovered from injury properly. Looking at the other heat leaders around the league he should rack up plenty of points.

Iversen always has given 100% agreed, just not sure if he will anymore if his heart is in riding over here. Just an opinion and i hope the Stars do well

• Like 1

I look at it like this. 

BV= Solid side with a good number 1. However, need Tungate and Fricke to kick on a be 7/8 point riders. Drodz could be a signing of the year if he sorts it out away from home. Still the lack of home track advantage is a worry.  

Prediction 3rd 

Kings Lynn= Once again solid number 1, however the rest of the side is bang average with a number 2 heat leader that doesn't want to be there. Will be fighting out for the wooden spoon. 

Prediction 7th

Leicester= Good team with 5 proven GB track riders and 2 riders who could come in and win the league for them. IS still a worry that 2 of top 4 riders have never ridden here before. If the lower end of the team can stay away from injury which I hope they can they should be a playoff team and could challenge for more. 

Prediction 2nd 

Poole= On paper the best team, someone have 3 number 1s from last season and one of them starts at 2nd string. Have Holder who doesn't really want to be there but that could change. (MATT Ford does have a pretty good replacement if that goes wrong). Still the poles have a lot to learn in the UK but if they sort it out then its the best team on paper. Also can the Poole track actually be OK for once?? Shanes to kick on as well. 

Prediction 1st 

Rye House= I don't like this team one bit. There promoter talked about getting a GP star and it hasn't happened. Cant see this team challenging for anything. Modern day lakeside. 

Prediction 8th 

Somerset= Will be in the Mix, have the best rider in the league and another young Aussie who could put a point and a half on his average. A lot depends on Doyle though and if he has a bad night cant see this team doing that much. An exciting team and will be there or there about. 

Prediction 5th 

Swindon= I like this team, have a solid top 5 and 1 good reserve. That is where this team is weak though. Can see even Zach W struggling to get more than a handful of points due to the reserves he will face. But still the top 5 will carry them and if batch gets back to his best then could really challenge again. 

Prediction 4th 

Wolves= Classic Wolves team, stick to what they know. They don't have that big number 1 and Jacob T still struggles away from home. I fear that Masters has hit his limit with nothing to prove he can go further. Hope he proves me wrong. Weak reserve pairing so lets we happens. The team which is hard to pin point what will happen with it. 

Prediction 6th 

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I look at it like this. 

BV= Solid side with a good number 1. However, need Tungate and Fricke to kick on a be 7/8 point riders. Drodz could be a signing of the year if he sorts it out away from home. Still the lack of home track advantage is a worry.  

Prediction 3rd 

Kings Lynn= Once again solid number 1, however the rest of the side is bang average with a number 2 heat leader that doesn't want to be there. Will be fighting out for the wooden spoon. 

Prediction 7th

Leicester= Good team with 5 proven GB track riders and 2 riders who could come in and win the league for them. IS still a worry that 2 of top 4 riders have never ridden here before. If the lower end of the team can stay away from injury which I hope they can they should be a playoff team and could challenge for more. 

Prediction 2nd 

Poole= On paper the best team, someone have 3 number 1s from last season and one of them starts at 2nd string. Have Holder who doesn't really want to be there but that could change. (MATT Ford does have a pretty good replacement if that goes wrong). Still the poles have a lot to learn in the UK but if they sort it out then its the best team on paper. Also can the Poole track actually be OK for once?? Shanes to kick on as well. 

Prediction 1st 

Rye House= I don't like this team one bit. There promoter talked about getting a GP star and it hasn't happened. Cant see this team challenging for anything. Modern day lakeside. 

Prediction 8th 

Somerset= Will be in the Mix, have the best rider in the league and another young Aussie who could put a point and a half on his average. A lot depends on Doyle though and if he has a bad night cant see this team doing that much. An exciting team and will be there or there about. 

Prediction 5th 

Swindon= I like this team, have a solid top 5 and 1 good reserve. That is where this team is weak though. Can see even Zach W struggling to get more than a handful of points due to the reserves he will face. But still the top 5 will carry them and if batch gets back to his best then could really challenge again. 

Prediction 4th 

Wolves= Classic Wolves team, stick to what they know. They don't have that big number 1 and Jacob T still struggles away from home. I fear that Masters has hit his limit with nothing to prove he can go further. Hope he proves me wrong. Weak reserve pairing so lets we happens. The team which is hard to pin point what will happen with it. 

Prediction 6th 

exactly how i see the Poole team........but yet shovlar and other accuse me of moaning about Poole lol

16 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I look at it like this. 

Prediction 3rd 

Prediction 7th

Prediction 2nd 

Prediction 1st 

Prediction 8th 

Prediction 5th 

Prediction 4th 

Prediction 6th 

Pretty good assessment i think.One thing though Poole only start with 2 number 1's from last season:wink:

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

exactly how i see the Poole team........but yet shovlar and other accuse me of moaning about Poole lol

Shovler always hypes up Poole every year so will wait to see what they do in April and May.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Shovler always hypes up Poole every year so will wait to see what they do in April and May.

And he always has the excuses ready if they fail.

• Like 1

I will hold off making final predictions until all teams have been declared.

However, of the (expected) completed teams, I have the following comments:

Swindon - like last season, they are one rider short of a decent team (in this watered down league).  If Mitchell lasts more than the first couple of months then I think will miss out on the playoffs.

Poole - On paper, obviously the team to beat.  If they don't win it with no less than 3 ringers in the team then it will be the biggest choke in speedway history.  However, titles are not won on paper.

Rye House - a Coventry team from yesteryear and while they will no doubt be strong at home, they will struggle away from home.  Certainly looks like a Dads Army team and will fight Kings Lynn for the wooden spoon

Kings Lynn - I am finding it difficult to say anything positive about this team except that most wrote Swindon off last season and look how that ended.  However, I don't see where any significant improvement will come from to emulate Swindon last season.

Leicester - certainly better than last year and I think they will be in the fight to make the playoffs.  I don't think this team is as good as others are suggesting though.

Somerset - a solid looking side with the world champion and, like Leicester, will be in the fight to make the playoffs.

Wolves - not as good a side as the last two seasons but in this league I don't think they can be written off either.  They will join the battle with Leicester and Somserset for a playoff place.

Belle Vue -  can't really comment until it's known who will replace Kenneth Bjerre.  Looks like they will be strong in the reserve department though.

So, for me with who has declared, it looks like 1 dead cert (Poole), 5 possibles fighting for the other 3 spots (Swindon, Leicester, Somerset, Wolves and Belle Vue) and 2 teams fighting for the wooden spoon (Rye House and Kings Lynn)

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

And he always has the excuses ready if they fail.

Do you mean when they fail ?       :D  

• Like 1

Belle Vue

Wolves

Swindon

Leicester

Somerset

Rye House

Kings Lynn

Poole

My table based on integrity (the worst sins being signing ringers, voting for one over eight & not signing one over eight)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Iversen always has given 100% agreed, just not sure if he will anymore if his heart is in riding over here. Just an opinion and i hope the Stars do well

Not sure where you get this regarding Iversen, he would have rode for KL last season if it was up to him! He was always liking KL posts on twitter last year regarding team news and scores. 

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Belle Vue

Wolves

Swindon

Leicester

Somerset

Rye House

Kings Lynn

Poole

My table based on integrity (the worst sins being signing ringers, voting for one over eight & not signing one over eight)

:lol::lol:

You might be an anti like Gavan but at least you are funny about it!