British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:lol::lol:

You might be an anti like Gavan but at least you are funny about it! 

Please find the quote where ive been anti Poole and then we can have an adult debate

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Belle Vue

Wolves

Swindon

Leicester

Somerset

Rye House

Kings Lynn

Poole

My table based on integrity (the worst sins being signing ringers, voting for one over eight & not signing one over eight)

Do we know who voted for the one over eight?And only one team who won't have a signing over eight;)

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Wolves= Classic Wolves team, stick to what they know. They don't have that big number 1 and Jacob T still struggles away from home. 

Yet Jacob was in the top 6 away averages last year. 

1) POOLE: On paper they have 5 potential heat leaders (with Sundstrom) and a strong reserve with Szczepaniak, Shanes showed improvement too last season. 

2) Somerset: Call me biased but any team led by Doyle stands a chance of getting top 4. Will be very strong at home and showed last season with a weaker team that we can pick up a few away points. 

3) Leicester: Fantastic to see Leicester putting together a top side could grab second but depends on the two new men Vaculik and Pieszczek. 

4) Belle Vue: Top 5 is considerably weaker just by losing Bjerre and for that reason I think will lose out on the top 3. The potential reserves though give them an advantage over Swindon and Wolves respectively. 

5) Swindon: Strong top five but just lose out to the potential BV reserve pairing. If one of Davey or Wajtknecht pick up though then could 4th.

6) Wolverhampton: Big loss losing Freddie but still have a massive home advantage, on paper will take a few drummings away from Monmore.

7) Rye House: Should be good at home but away from home they look poor even if Kasprzak is the last rider. 

8) King's Lynn: Iversen and the young Dane look to be the remaining two and with that a good top two and a strong reserve partnership potentially with Kerr or Rose but a very weak middle order means fighting with Rye for bottom spot. 

• Thanks 1

If you think Somerset look better than Belle Vue or Leicester you are extremely biased!

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If you think Somerset look better than Belle Vue or Leicester you are extremely biased!

They do at the moment, the Aces have only got a three man team :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

No just my opinion of course some bias but I think there is more improvement in the Rebel side,  with Holder, Wilson Dean, Lawson and Allen,  than Belle Vue who tbh I can only see Tungate improving but not by much and as I said Leicester depends on Vaculik and Pieszczek if they perform they look good for second if not I don't see how they are better than Somerset.  

SteveO says that he can’t see any significant improvement being made from any of the Kings Lynn team but for me Lambert Kerr Rose Jorgensen and Proctor are all well capable of upping their average.

With the return of NKI I think we are more than capable of finishing half way. Just can’t see that we are any worse than Swindon, Rye House or Somerset and I’m also not convinced that Leicester will be as good that a lot of people seem to think.

If you can’t be positive about your teams chances in January then it’s going to be a long miserable time until October. Looking forward to Lynn proving certain people wrong.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

No just my opinion of course some bias but I think there is more improvement in the Rebel side,  with Holder, Wilson Dean, Lawson and Allen,  than Belle Vue who tbh I can only see Tungate improving but not by much and as I said Leicester depends on Vaculik and Pieszczek if they perform they look good for second if not I don't see how they are better than Somerset.  

Wow, you obviously have not seen D Bewley, possibly british speedways most promising young rider,he beat F Lyngren round the NSS and that's no mean feat) then there is Max Fricke, easily capable of being an 8 point rider this season. Cookie already is an 8.45 rider, if he can hold his own at the GP's then he should also hold his own here with other No 1's, so whilst on paper we may not be a Poole, we can certainly hold our own with the other teams. (assuming we have the team we all assume it will be)

29 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

If you can’t be positive about your teams chances in January then it’s going to be a long miserable time until October. Looking forward to Lynn proving certain people wrong.

You have to be honest and say what you see though, whoever you support. On paper we look one of if not the weakest side, but that could all change once the action starts. I don't feel miserable about it, if anything it takes the pressure off the team and will make good results during the season sweeter.

How we feel as Lynn fans through the season will be determined by on track results and not pre season predictions. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

:lol::lol:

You might be an anti like Gavan but at least you are funny about it!

Lisa stop winding him up, he's starting to hate us Poole fans

If the stars manage to replace a low scoring reserve with a 7.50 heat leader on a low average, get the rub of the green with some fixtures and meet a team in the final who are missing their two best riders, they might just do it. 

Stupid senario though so they’ve no chance. 

Really makes me think a points limit is nonsense. Teams should build to whatever they wish, as long as they have three British riders in the team. Reserves must be British u21.

Teams with 42.5 are still not equal so allow teams to build to whatever they wish.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really makes me think a points limit is nonsense. Teams should build to whatever they wish, as long as they have three British riders in the team. Reserves must be British u21.

Teams with 42.5 are still not equal so allow teams to build to whatever they wish.

Disagree with that one Steve. I don't think British riders should be gifted top flight places. It doesn't teach them anything, it doesn't prepare them for international races and it doesn't put them against enough foreign riders to improve against.