British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I think that Max is now no longer a starting extraliga rider shows what people are thinking about him. Needs to deliver his potential. 

1 Tai Woffinden 

2 Max Fricke

3 Maciej Janowski

4 Vaclav Milik

5 Andrej Lebedevs 

6 Maksym Drabik

7 TBC

Lebedevs is riding on a Polish licence and counts as the second Polish rider in the team. Damian Drozdz is standby 

3 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

1 Tai Woffinden 

2 Max Fricke

3 Maciej Janowski

4 Vaclav Milik

5 Andrej Lebedevs 

6 Maksym Drabik

7 TBC

Lebedevs is riding on a Polish licence and counts as the second Polish rider in the team. Damian Drozdz is standby 

He can't even though he is on a polish license. Fricke is starting at 8 and that's why its interesting to sign Gleb Chugnov. I know im a sparta fan. 

He can take all of Drodz rides apart from the first one. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

He can't even though he is on a polish license. Fricke is starting at 8 and that's why its interesting to sign Gleb Chugnov. I know im a sparta fan. 

They took it to the courts to get it passed just as Emil rode at reserve when he was a teenager and Ibthink Chuganov is also going on a Polish licence 

2 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

They took it to the courts to get it passed just as Emil rode at reserve when he was a teenager and Ibthink Chuganov is also going on a Polish licence 

Lebedevs has been on a polish license for years so I cant see it changing. 

Poole will win the league easy...as for the play offs?? Anything can happen, as injuries and team changes may have played a big part in the form of those that reach them.

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Poole will win the league easy...as for the play offs?? Anything can happen, as injuries and team changes may have played a big part in the form of those that reach them.

And yet injuries could happen to Poole too. 

They sure can...but haven't poole already got riders lined up if that happens.  

The last team I would want to see win anything is poole...everything about poole sucks.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

I have scored 6 and 1 (while guesting)  the OTA although was fantastic while guesting up at Glasgow for us. He is only young and still has a lot to learn. I don't see him getting above a 5.00 this season imo. Same as I honestly don't see Fricke being an 8.00 rider. 

Umm, so who exactly are you.???

30 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I was thinking the same.Bit unusual to see a rider talking about other riders like that on a public forum.

35 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I read it different as poorly punctuated. Read it that they have seen Bewley and then what the scores were. If you follow the reply back. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was thinking the same.Bit unusual to see a rider talking about other riders like that on a public forum.

add a comma after "I have".....then it makes more sense:wink:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I’ve no idea why you always post negative views on Max Fricke, he’s 21 and in my opinion destined for a great future in the sport ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I’ve no idea why you always post negative views on Max Fricke, he’s 21 and in my opinion destined for a great future in the sport ? 

Just not seen the improvement. Has been in the UK a lot longer than other young aussies and has not stepped up as much as I thought. 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Sure at first there would be a disparity, the same as the football premiership. But bottom teams get their biggest attendances when the ManU’s, Chelseas and Arsenals come to town. They hope their team will do the unthinkable and turn over the bigger club and send them off with their tails between their legs.

Teams would self govern by putting out a team they could afford. Promotions won’t make themselves bankrupt. They know what they can afford. 

It might work. It might not. No harm in trying.

Trying to compare football to speedway is  beyond belief. they are a world apart.    Even comparisons between the same sports, say  between the Premier league and the old 4th division is difficult where they are run on entirely different structures and costs.   You say  the bottom teams attendances benefit when playing top teams, but this is more to do with top players rather than the actual team.

No way does Speedway riders hold the same appeal,     Most supporters  want to see their team , hoping for competitive racing and in with a chance of winning.     If anything,  riding against a super strong team, and not a hope  of success  would be a bigger turn-off than anything....