British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

So when Mauger, Olsen, Rickardsson came to town your clubs attendances stayed the same?

Swindon, Poole,Belle Vue,Wolves would be my picks for the play/offs. Zach W to surprise and more than be a match at home against most reserves he will kick on Ellis is the key he can progress again Swindon will be hard to beat at home.Poole look exciting a few question marks to answer but Woryna to average over 7 i believe can Holder get back.? Belle Vue are my favourites Fricke and Bewley have huge potential Cook a great team man and Tungate to improve.Wolves as always will be good at home and as usual you will have to respect them Thorssell to hold his own as number 1.

Depends on who can get the ringer In on a dodgy average from years ago as Swindon benefitted from Tobi last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

personally, I think this season is harder to predict the top four than previous seasons. Like most say,Poole look the likeliest team to beat, but let's wait and see how the Poles settle in, also Sundstrom,as I seem to remember his last visit to these shores was a disaster,that leaves Swindon,Somerset,BelleVue,Leicester and don't right off Wolves all fighting for the final 3 places. Could be a great fight this year, let's hope for some fab speedway and injury free to all riders.  

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So when Mauger, Olsen, Rickardsson came to town your clubs attendances stayed the same?

Probably,  there might be a extra few,.      The point is, only speedway supporters know of speedway riders, whereas in football players are more widely known.      If our team was destined to lose  the appeal is much less, then one who stands a chance,  regardless of who they are riding against....

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Probably,  there might be a extra few,.      The point is, only speedway supporters know of speedway riders, whereas in football players are more widely known.      If our team was destined to lose  the appeal is much less, then one who stands a chance,  regardless of who they are riding against....

We have had poor teams in the past compared to others,it never stopped the fans coming.

Personally when Poole come to Lynn i'd love,just love it:) if we could beat them.Just imagine the fun we could have with Shovlar then on here:P.

Edited by tellboy
puncuation

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But were not dealing with those riders and arent likely to no matter what changes are made.. Doyle aside theres no one particularly exciting riding in this country 

15 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Just not seen the improvement. Has been in the UK a lot longer than other young aussies and has not stepped up as much as I thought. 

He’s only 21 

FFS 

• Like 1

Top 4 (in no particular order)

• Poole
  • Swindon
  • Wolverhampton
  • Belle Vue

5-6 can put up a top 4 challenge 

• Leicester
  • Somerset

Wooden spooners

• Rye House
  • King's Lynn

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When Mauger and the Aces came to newly 'promoted' Ipswich in 1972 the traffic queue into the stadium was miles down the road. Likewise when Poole came to the Showground with Holder and Ward the crowd increased and there was a fantastic atmosphere as well. Only great riders can create that type of buzz imo...

• Like 5

I'll go for 

1.Poole

2.Swindon

3.Belle vue

4.Leicester

5.Somerset

6.Wolves

7.Rye House

8.Kings Lynn

Assuming.... Rye get Kasprzak, Kings Lynn get Iversen, Poole get Sundstrom, Belle Vue get Fricke, Poole get Shanes...

1. Leicester - have potential improvement in every department, especially with the experience Andersen & King in the pits.
2. Poole - You have to love it when Poole sign Poles that will blow the rest of the league away... remember King Artur? I am assuming Holders interest & Woryna's improvement will see them through.  Assuming Woryna avoids a Polish ban, never a given.

Unconvinced about any of the other teams playoff credentials. Lynn's decision to sign a rider as their second heat leader, who admits he will be using out of date equipment & doesn't want to be there ruins them, I like the engine room & #1 though.  Somerset seem to think Jason Doyle will win enough heats so all the rest of the team have to do is not come last, certainly wont happen away.  While I like watching Nicholls & Harris ride they should never be in the same team, and certainly never in a team that also includes Robson & Barker.  Unless Rye are riding their home meetings on a 1200 metre grasstrack circuit with the worlds tightest turns.

Belle Vue & Wolves most likely to finish 3rd & 4th.

If a club is relying on away support to make ends met  they are on the road to disaster..   We have travelled to most venues, and on those occasions the supporter who bothers stand out like a sore thumb.  We're talking very small numbers...     It is because of this I suggested  a scheme where away fans should go free.   Any promotion that creates interest and gets fans through the  door  should be considered...    A club would always benefit from away fans by the extras they would buy...    Having a free entry could make the difference of whether they go or not....

Having a meeting in a full stadium is far better than one half empty....      It would be a win-win situation......

1. Leicester 

2.Poole

3.Belle Vue

4.Somerset

5.Swindon

6.Rye House

7.Kings Lynn

8.Wolverhampton

Can See everything changing again a month into the season with multiple changes

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Haha 1