Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

10 hours ago, ouch said:

2015 Gogglegate

2016 Woffygate

2017 Freddiegate

2018 ?????gate

Belle Vue will not win the play offs, officialdom will see to that. 

I've read some paranoia on here but that takes the biscuit. 

12 hours ago, ouch said:

2015 Gogglegate

2016 Woffygate

2017 Freddiegate

2018 ?????gate

Belle Vue will not win the play offs, officialdom will see to that. 

Tungate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, poolebolton said:

You were in the final in 2015??? 

I stand corrected, and against your lot as well.

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Absolutely! ! Everyone knows who should have been the champs tho.  ;)

correct, the team with their name on the trophy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I've read some paranoia on here but that takes the biscuit. 

What has happened has happened and I'm not one for what if. I go along with Hyderd that the champions are the team with their name on the trophy.

However, the discussion was about what might have happened if certain riders had not been injured and whether Belle Vue have choked. I don't see it as paranoia in those circumstances to point out that results could have been different if Newman and Lindgren had been excluded and if Woffinden had not been allowed to return on an average which didn't reflect his ability at the time. All valid points if you are of the opinion that those decisions were wrong.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

From Bjerre being injured costing us against Coventry to more recent events one fact these events cant hide is over the past two seasons we have choked twice in the away leg at Monmore.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

What has happened has happened and I'm not one for what if. I go along with Hyderd that the champions are the team with their name on the trophy.

However, the discussion was about what might have happened if certain riders had not been injured and whether Belle Vue have choked. I don't see it as paranoia in those circumstances to point out that results could have been different if Newman and Lindgren had been excluded and if Woffinden had not been allowed to return on an average which didn't reflect his ability at the time. All valid points if you are of the opinion that those decisions were wrong.

All valid points and I'm sure Belle Vue have their fair share of shaftings in the past but to say that officialdom will ensure that you never win the play offs is a little far fetched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

All valid points and I'm sure Belle Vue have their fair share of shaftings in the past but to say that officialdom will ensure that you never win the play offs is a little far fetched.

Never, is perhaps going too far. :lol:

11 hours ago, MrMungo said:

Tungate?

No chance. He will be a heat leader by the end of the season. No way would the powers that be ban an Aces heat leader from an end of season cup final. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ouch said:

No chance. He will be a heat leader by the end of the season. No way would the powers that be ban an Aces heat leader from an end of season cup final. 

Matt Ford will implement a minimum height requirement from September 1st in the best interests of the sport.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MrMungo said:

Matt Ford will implement a minimum height requirement from September 1st in the best interests of the sport.

With all riders having to be taller than him that will not restrict many  :wink: 

Don't get all these predictions of Rye in bottom two

Dads Army - well that was said last year

Cant win away - Poole 30 Rye House 60

Rye started poorly but the changes were immense and Rye were on an absolute roll at the end of the season Rye 47 Swindon (unbeaten for 17 matches) 29, see score above, so if things are same (I get the age and KK issues) but this will easily be a top 4 team.

What could dash a top 4 place is that I strongly suspect halfway through the season teams will change massively when the TV money is available and a number of Grand Prix riding haven't started the GP season well and simply come here to earn some extra money. In short the changes will decide this season not the starting teams.

Now that all teams are completed ill make my prediction for the new season. 

1. Poole - with 2 Polish ringers they are head and shoulders above every team bar the Aces. Kurtz should continue to improve. Holder is the key because whilst he is on a low average he seems to have been in free fall the past 2 seasons in the UK. Sundstrom is another on an out dated average. On paper the strongest team.

2. Belle Vue - extremely solid and the only team that looks capable of matching the Pirates man for man. Cook is Mr Belle Vue whilst Fricke has great potential for continued improvement. Bewley for me is one of the stand out reserves this season. Drodz is the key rider to the Aces being potential champions this year.

3. Leicester - again on paper a very attractive looking side. 2 brand new riders to the league is the only question mark. Pieszczek is the key rider to getting used to British tracks and also with the Polish mafia continuing to allow him to ride with no interference. Newman in reserve should be a strong scorer too.

4. Wolves - a strong top 4 should ensure a top 4 finish. Thorssell is proven on away tracks now just taking over as number one he will need to step up but is more than capable. Reserves appear weak however Morris is a much improved rider since his last top flight stint. Underrated reserve IMHO.

5. Swindon - both Morris and Musielak will start in more responsible positions. Question marks over where the improvements will come from. Like Wolves look weak in reserve however Zack was starting to look a threat in reserve before he got injured last season.

6. Rye House - similar to last season. Very solid with no real number one although KK should improve his dismal 2017 average. If he can get back to being an 8 pointer then they are a real threat. Another one with a ringer this time in reserve in Clegg. Definitely a number 7, just his average is falsely low. As a team will need to improve on the road if they are to be a real threat. At home should be pretty invincible. 

7. Somerset - outstanding number one however the back up looks weak. Plenty of capable riders just struggle to see who can step it up particularly away from home. Jeppesen could hold the key to a much better season if he settles well.

8. Kings Lynn - someone had to be bottom and I'm surprised a team with Iversen in would be bottom either. Lambert could make yet more strides as great back up to Niels however the rest look very weak. Newcomer Andersen could make a difference. 

Everything is barring injury obvs.....all in all, Poole aside I don't think there is too much between them all - could be very competitive.

1 - Poole - No brainer, they will be doing something wrong if they don't win

2 - Belle Vue - Good team with improvement to be had, think they will do well

3 - Wolves - I like the look of Wolves, strong and will trouble some teams away from home

4 - Leicester - Nice balanced team, but new boys will be the key - they could very well finish higher than 4th

5 - Swindon - Solid unit and will push for play-off spot

6 - Somerset - Hard to see them pushing for top-four 

7 - King's Lynn - Could be stronger than some think but they have to go here for now

8 - Rye House - Poor side IMO, will get some good spankings away from home - not convinced