British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

8. Kings Lynn - someone had to be bottom and I'm surprised a team with Iversen in would be bottom either. Lambert could make yet more strides as great back up to Niels however the rest look very weak. Newcomer Andersen could make a difference. 

Don't disagree however I'd say that Kerr is a very good reserve and we will have one of those all year whoever drops down to there. The weakness is the middle order.

1.Leicester - Great number 1 and really good back up and one of the strongest reserves in the league. Look strong all through 

2. Poole - Dont see the fuss others see.. alot of ifs in this team but still stronger than most 

3. Belle Vue - solid outfit and Bewley set for big improvement. Cook at 1 is unconvincing though think Fricke might take over 

4. Somerset - best no1 by a long way and very good home side. Doyle will keep them in touch away oh and good reserves 

5. Swindon - Think Musli will end up at number and look pretty solid 

6. Rye House - will be very strong at home but will take some beatings away if KK has a stormer then maybe top 4

7. Wolves - weak number 1 and reserves but massive home advantage will keep them off bottom. 

8. Kings Lynn - great number 1... thats about it 

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2018 at 7:34 PM, Red Flag said:

Only 1 final and 1 semi but they came up against the mighty Wolves

yeah i remember the mighty wolves in the ko cup final :lol: now who finished potless  :lol:

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Don't disagree however I'd say that Kerr is a very good reserve and we will have one of those all year whoever drops down to there. The weakness is the middle order.

Good point,  failed to notice that. 

38 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

yeah i remember the mighty wolves in the ko cup final :lol: now who finished potless  :lol:

Must be great crowing about beating a team that was completely decimated. 

It's nice to see the Aces win something for a change. It's been many a year in waiting. :lol:

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

I don’t remember receiving any sympathy from you when Poole had to go to Monmore in the playoff semis with a heat leader missing (Lindback) two seasons ago.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t remember receiving any sympathy from you when Poole had to go to Monmore in the playoff semis with a heat leader missing (Lindback) two seasons ago.

Made no difference whatsoever ...............  Lindback was missing even when he was riding :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Probably because they were laughing so much (like the rest of us) when bringing in the ringer for the playoffs spectacularly backfired :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1. Poole

2. Leicester 

3. Belle Vue

4. Wolverhampton

5. Swindon

6. Somerset

7. Rye House

8. Kings Lynn

I personally think will be 4 from 5 for the play offs, Somerset just a tad behind Swindon then Lynn and Rye battling it out for bottom spot.

16 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

8 - Rye House - Poor side IMO, will get some good spankings away from home - not convinced

Harris Nicholls and KK are as strong as any top three elsewhere really and in Kennett and Barker they have the two strongest back up riders plus the strongest reserve in Robbo.  Think they could be the dark horses 

13 hours ago, phillipsr said:

7. Wolves - weak number 1 and reserves but massive home advantage will keep them off bottom. 

Don' under estimate JT as he achievd that average with good scores home and.away and quite.a.few.heat 15s. 

Would rate him no.weaker than Cook or Kurtz or Harris and in Sam Masters you have two riders going to be swapping and  changing as the season goes on. 

13 hours ago, geoff58 said:

That wasn't the mighty Wolves, it was a Wolves Select side

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Probably because they were laughing so much (like the rest of us) when bringing in the ringer for the playoffs spectacularly backfired :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

Ringer for an injured rider? How did bringing in Lindback make us stronger than Hans? Really,  don’t be so ridiculous.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T.N.T. said:

Harris Nicholls and KK are as strong as any top three elsewhere really and in Kennett and Barker they have the two strongest back up riders plus the strongest reserve in Robbo.  Think they could be the dark horses 

Don' under estimate JT as he achievd that average with good scores home and.away and quite.a.few.heat 15s. 

Would rate him no.weaker than Cook or Kurtz or Harris and in Sam Masters you have two riders going to be swapping and  changing as the season goes on. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ringer for an injured rider? How did bringing in Lindback make us stronger than Hans? Really,  don’t be so ridiculous.

1 hour ago, T.N.T. said:

I think Thorssell with added responsibility could do a great job he improved greatly away from home last year .I think Thorssell, Fricke,Jack Holder will all do great jobs and improve Thorssell certainly has learned his trade the hard way when in front mighty fast and hard to peg back.

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who was asking for sympathy?? Just pointing out facts.

3 hours ago, Red Flag said:

That wasn't the mighty Wolves, it was a Wolves Select side

:cry:

16 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Good point,  failed to notice that. 

It's nice to see the Aces win something for a change. It's been many a year in waiting. :lol:

would have been the double but for the craziest decision lindgren/bjerre !! ask tatum what he thinks about that decision :o if the meeting would have been live on tv lindgren would have been exc for sure !!  FACT !!