British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Ahh, there it is: will the real Steve Shovlar please stand up!

No wonder everyone hates Poole.

correct i rest my case 

I’m pleased that people think we’re finally going to show consistent home form as for the last two years we’ve had the poorest of form out of the top three teams but conversely we’ve been decent away. 

Ken and Jack combined averaged 8.50 away last year and whilst I don’t think Jay and Damien will match that I hoping four from them plus some improvement from the rest will see us sneak a few bonus points. 

Must admit though I’d be happy to go with the pundits and see us restrict those home losses. 

Looks like Poole.But I tipped them last. season.Not had a bet in 2018.

Based on the starting line ups 

1st Belle Vue ( KM: Drodz )

2nd Poole ( KM: Sundstrom)

3rd Leicester (KM: Pieszczek)

4th Somerset (KM: W- Dean)

5th Rye House(KM:Kasprzak)

6th Wolves (KM: Heeps)

7th Swindon (KM: Bellego)

8th King Lynn (KM: Proctor)

The key men that i have picked are riders who i think are vital to the teams success not the best riders but the one’s who will need to step upto the plate.

1st sacking of the season : Mitchell Davy (Swindon) I iust feel this is maybe 1 step too far for Mitchell & Rosco will look bring in a stronger rider or a NL rider who is in form once some other riders averages drop.

5 hours ago, lionsroar said:

The key men that i have picked are riders who i think are vital to the teams success not the best riders but the one’s who will need to step upto the plate.

1st sacking of the season : Mitchell Davy (Swindon) I iust feel this is maybe 1 step too far for Mitchell & Rosco will look bring in a stronger rider or a NL rider who is in form once some other riders averages drop.

Agree with your top 3 but I think the next 5 all pretty much of a likeness which is why I predicted that we will finish 4th. I also said that we would be this years surprise team and I still think that. The overall league imo will be much closer than for years which should make it more interesting. The bottom 5 could all have a shout for a play-off place going into their last couple of matches which would be good for both supporters and British speedway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Agree with your top 3 but I think the next 5 all pretty much of a likeness which is why I predicted that we will finish 4th. I also said that we would be this years surprise team and I still think that. The overall league imo will be much closer than for years which should make it more interesting. The bottom 5 could all have a shout for a play-off place going into their last couple of matches which would be good for both supporters and British speedway.

Personally think Belle Vue will be behind Leicester and Poole.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Personally think Belle Vue will be behind Leicester and Poole.

Can’t really argue with that as I think it’s going to be extremely close throughout the league. I can never get my predictions right take last season I put Swindon to finish bottom so what do I know. This season you could maybe draw the finishing positions out of a hat and be closer than some peoples predictions (mine included).

29 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Can’t really argue with that as I think it’s going to be extremely close throughout the league. I can never get my predictions right take last season I put Swindon to finish bottom so what do I know. This season you could maybe draw the finishing positions out of a hat and be closer than some peoples predictions (mine included).

Yes I agree it's going to be a close contest this season which can only be a good thing, personally like the look of the Leicester team has a lot of potential.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I agree it's going to be a close contest this season which can only be a good thing, personally like the look of the Leicester team has a lot of potential.

Sorry with a team that includes Bates, Newman and Sarjeant I just can’t see them finishing in the top 2.

Much happier with our bottom 3 of Rose, Kerr and Andersen

Edited by Clive Ward
Something to add

18 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Sorry with a team that includes Bates, Newman and Sarjeant I just can’t see them finishing in the top 2.

Bates and Newman will be fine, good riders with plenty of potential.

6 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Could be a hell of a lot worse you could have heeps,greaves and Morris 

• Haha 1

1. RYE HOUSE
2. POOLE
3. BELLE VUE 
4. SWINDON
5. WOLVERHAMPTON
6. LEICESTER
7. SOMERSET
8. KINGS LYNN

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

1. RYE HOUSE
2. POOLE
3. BELLE VUE 
4. SWINDON
5. WOLVERHAMPTON
6. LEICESTER
7. SOMERSET
8. KINGS LYNN

What you been drinking??? 

Because tell me what it is and I’ll try it!! 

23 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

What you been drinking??? 

Because tell me what it is and I’ll try it!! 

His opinion...It's like arse***s,everyone has one.Maybe he's on a wind up, or he might think Pooles Poles might flop.Each to their own.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, lionsroar said:

I am confident  Proctor can  step up to the mark and be a decent acquisition.   Been unlucky with injuries in the past,  so getting a good run of meetings could be invaluable.   Watching him perform for Sheffield  against Leicester showed he has much too offer.    I think he is more than capable of putting pressure on those team members around him in the rankings...  

TJ, Rose , Kerr and Andersen  are all of similar positions and each's performances  will have a bearing of where the Stars finish..........