British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

To be fair he wasn’t the only one who predicted Lynn to be bottom (including me!) and all three changes have been forced by injury or retirement. It’s just nice to prove so many people wrong, and pretty remarkable considering Iversen’s average dropped so much. Robert Lambert has also made a few people look a bit silly.

Even if we don’t finish top or win the title this team has far exceeded expectations and the management team need to take credit for that in part for introducing the health and fitness methods in pre season.

• Like 1

Just now, Gavan said:

Damn yes i missed her running off with another guy and me now potless in a flat all alone.............wish i had your foresight and knowledge

Bet you do !!

Just now, Pinny said:

Bet you do !!

Bet i do what lol, i ended our marriage thanks but i guess you know me better its quite comical to be honest

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

To be fair he wasn’t the only one who predicted Lynn to be bottom (including me!) and all three changes have been forced by injury or retirement. It’s just nice to prove so many people wrong, and pretty remarkable considering Iversen’s average dropped so much. Robert Lambert has also made a few people look a bit silly.

Even if we don’t finish top or win the title this team has far exceeded expectations and the management team need to take credit for that in part for introducing the health and fitness methods in pre season.

Swindon were predicted to finish bottom last season and look what happened there!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I said Kings Lynn would be bottom but its just fun to read from him of all people. It was more the fact that i got accused of anti Poole stuff saying they would make changes and the original 1-7 looked risky.........and i predicted Poole to finish 3rd! Nice to prove a point to the Poole (insert word of choice)

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Damn yes i missed her running off with another guy and me now potless in a flat all alone.............wish i had your foresight and knowledge

Just because you might be 'potless',  doesn't mean you can continually p!$$ in/on ours!!:party:

On 2/9/2018 at 12:52 PM, stevebrum said:

Now that all teams are completed ill make my prediction for the new season. 

1. Poole - with 2 Polish ringers they are head and shoulders above every team bar the Aces. Kurtz should continue to improve. Holder is the key because whilst he is on a low average he seems to have been in free fall the past 2 seasons in the UK. Sundstrom is another on an out dated average. On paper the strongest team.

2. Belle Vue - extremely solid and the only team that looks capable of matching the Pirates man for man. Cook is Mr Belle Vue whilst Fricke has great potential for continued improvement. Bewley for me is one of the stand out reserves this season. Drodz is the key rider to the Aces being potential champions this year.

3. Leicester - again on paper a very attractive looking side. 2 brand new riders to the league is the only question mark. Pieszczek is the key rider to getting used to British tracks and also with the Polish mafia continuing to allow him to ride with no interference. Newman in reserve should be a strong scorer too.

4. Wolves - a strong top 4 should ensure a top 4 finish. Thorssell is proven on away tracks now just taking over as number one he will need to step up but is more than capable. Reserves appear weak however Morris is a much improved rider since his last top flight stint. Underrated reserve IMHO.

5. Swindon - both Morris and Musielak will start in more responsible positions. Question marks over where the improvements will come from. Like Wolves look weak in reserve however Zack was starting to look a threat in reserve before he got injured last season.

6. Rye House - similar to last season. Very solid with no real number one although KK should improve his dismal 2017 average. If he can get back to being an 8 pointer then they are a real threat. Another one with a ringer this time in reserve in Clegg. Definitely a number 7, just his average is falsely low. As a team will need to improve on the road if they are to be a real threat. At home should be pretty invincible. 

7. Somerset - outstanding number one however the back up looks weak. Plenty of capable riders just struggle to see who can step it up particularly away from home. Jeppesen could hold the key to a much better season if he settles well.

8. Kings Lynn - someone had to be bottom and I'm surprised a team with Iversen in would be bottom either. Lambert could make yet more strides as great back up to Niels however the rest look very weak. Newcomer Andersen could make a difference. 

Great prediction 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, DWP said:

Great prediction 

Looks like you will have plenty of posts to quote then. Busy, busy busy.

Poole normally favs to finish top. Leicester the biggest disappointment. KL the surprise table toppers. Swindon 5th. Wolves 6th. was about right.

For whatever the reason may have been, every single team made at least 1 change. 

It's practically impossible to make anything like a close prediction when that happens. 

That said KL still surprised me. 

• Like 1