Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

2018 Premiership Predictions

Recommended Posts

On 30/01/2018 at 6:05 PM, ytsejam said:

1. Leicester 

2. Poole

3. Belle Vue

4. Wolves 

5. Swindon

6. Kings Lynn

7. Somerset

8. Rye House

 

Going for a shock with the perennial wooden spoonists, winning the league (don't think they will win the actual play offs though)

Funnier things happened 

5000/1 for Leicester City to win the league not many would have given them a chance

As for there chances this season, I think most lions fans will be happy to see a really competitive team and if we make the playoffs that would be a massive step forward 

Congratulations to the promotion for assembling a solid team and Steady as team manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shirl said:

Funnier things happened 

5000/1 for Leicester City to win the league not many would have given them a chance

As for there chances this season, I think most lions fans will be happy to see a really competitive team and if we make the playoffs that would be a massive step forward 

Congratulations to the promotion for assembling a solid team and Steady as team manager

Keep the starting 7 fit and injury free, then I see no reason why Leicester won't be in the P/Off's this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Now that teams are just about finalised, my prediction is:

Top 4: 1 Poole, 2 Belle Vue, 3 Swindon, 4 Leicester. When it gets to the playoffs, it will depend on what changes have been made as to who will be the champions although I think the teams will complete the league in the listed positions.

Just missing out: 5 Wolves, 6 Somerset

Wooden spoon battle: 7 Rye House,  8 Kings Lynn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming all teams compete as the fans expect/hope this is my final prediction.

1st Poole

2nd Leicester

3rd Belle Vue

4th Swindon

5th Somerset

6th Wolves

7th K/Lynn

8th R House

Poole to pick Swindon in P/Off semi.........Leicester V Belle Vue in the other

Final Belle Vue v Swindon

Winners...............Belle Vue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else feel that Poole will have binned off one of their two poles before the end of the season?

Edited by Aces High
Terrible spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Anyone else fee that Poole will have binned off one of their two poles before the end of the season.

No. Both will do very well and help bring home the bacon.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope barring injuries or unexpected conflicts with their polish clubs restricting appearances think theyre both there for the full season at poole

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. Both will do very well and help bring home the bacon.

 

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

nope barring injuries or unexpected conflicts with their polish clubs restricting appearances think theyre both there for the full season at poole

not if they underperform, Matt will make changes at some point if that is the case.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are under rating KL.

Poole leicester and belle vue imo look nailed on for the playoffs. But i yhink there is very littke between the other 5.

KL have a top two as good as any, and arguably the strongest reserves. The only area they are lacking is 3rd HL, but Jorgensen could do ok, and arguably if your top two and reserves do the job you csn ger awsy with being weak in this area. Although i think swinfon will finish 4th, i do think KL are more likely to scrspe into the play offs than finish bottom, wheras many seem to hsve them lined up as wooden spooners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aces High said:

Anyone else feel that Poole will have binned off one of their two poles before the end of the season?

Woryna i would expect to do a full season but the other one could be gone i would imagine.

Poole never go a full season without changes hence why they often successful.

Its to blinkered to expect the current 1-7 to be the end 1-7. 

This time last year Poole were huge favourites and nobody could have predicted that the best number one in the league (KK), Mr Loyalty (Newman) and a high scoring reserve (Klindt) would be binned off in favour of Kennett , Starke and Lahti.....if you had suggested that on here you would have been laughed at........so its naive to think that no changes can or will be made

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. Both will do very well and help bring home the bacon.

can i have eggs sausages and beans with that please Steve...:P

Edited by Starman2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

I think people are under rating KL.

Poole leicester and belle vue imo look nailed on for the playoffs. But i yhink there is very littke between the other 5.

KL have a top two as good as any, and arguably the strongest reserves. The only area they are lacking is 3rd HL, but Jorgensen could do ok, and arguably if your top two and reserves do the job you csn ger awsy with being weak in this area. Although i think swinfon will finish 4th, i do think KL are more likely to scrspe into the play offs than finish bottom, wheras many seem to hsve them lined up as wooden spooners.

Don't quite share your optimism but I agree that the Lynn side has some good elements and could be a dark horse for 4th. Think it will need somebody to have their breakthrough season though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavan said:

This time last year Poole were huge favourites and nobody could have predicted that the best number one in the league (KK),

Had to chuckle at this part. Never have I ever read best number one and KK in the same sentence before.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aces High said:

Anyone else feel that Poole will have binned off one of their two poles before the end of the season?

Why would they want to bin them off,    Both riders are way better than their out of date averages and will each, easily put 2 points on their score.     This situation could only happen in this country. where out of date averages are accepted as the norm...    The issues this practise creates, is that it give the fortunate clubs who get them,  a massive advantage when assembling their team.    It is not known whether Poole would have selected the 2 Poles,  had they been on a accessed  6 average,  but if they had, they would not have been able to include Sundstrom in their side.,.      It has the same effect as giving Poole 4 extra points to play with....

The mind boggles........ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt gone through all this before but what average is Woryna in Poland? And the other Poole Pole? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy