British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

Much as I enjoyed the 4s at Peterborough its nice to see a change and I wish the Redcar promotion all the best in hosting the event. Hopefully i'll make the trip up north to see it

• Like 1

What a great day. The fours and 3 new riders :)

Great News.. Based on what happened when we staged the Re-arranged Fours a few seasons ago it should be a cracker of a meeting with great racing, and with it being a Sunday Afternoon in July instead of a Thursday Night in October, it should be an even bigger crowd. A win, win for both Redcar & the BSPA. Well Done to Kevin & Ben..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Oh dear 

oh dear , panthers fans in uproar . wonder  how many will travel up north  t  see this . 

very handt for us northern fans  ,. 

but are we all going to be able to fit in ?  food outlet needs to be up to speed if they want the event to be a success (limp chips / slow service )

havent been t redcar for a looooong time , maybe , just maybe !

Edited by jenga

The Arena can easily host a few thousand - a few more food vans and won't be an issue...and the best thing about Redcar is how neutral the track is, not like a Peterborough or Sheffield...

Edited by RedcarRacer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

oh dear , panthers fans in uproar . wonder  how many will travel up north  t  see this . 

very handt for us northern fans  ,. 

but are we all going to be able to fit in ?  food outlet needs to be up to speed if they want the event to be a success (limp chips / slow service )

havent been t redcar for a looooong time , maybe , just maybe !

The fact that Panthers were not going to stage the fours has been common knowledge for several months. Certainly no sour grapes from any Panthers fans I know of.

Good luck to Redcar for being the beneficiary of continuing reprisals and retribution from he who must be obeyed.

• Haha 1

According to the Speedway Star the Fours will take place on June 1 but, in the fixtures section, there are 3 Championship meetings already on that day.  Lakeside v Workington, Glasgow v Scunthorpe and Redcar v Sheffield!  I guess these 6 teams will have to find other dates now.

What with that and a Good Friday clash of fixtures for Richard Lawson, who has 4 meetings on that day, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come!

Edited: This was a mistake by the Star, now been pointed out that it should say July 1st.

Edited by Cliv Clav

8 minutes ago, Cliv Clav said:

According to the Speedway Star the Fours will take place on June 1 but, in the fixtures section, there are 3 Championship meetings already on that day.  Lakeside v Workington, Glasgow v Scunthorpe and Redcar v Sheffield!  I guess these 6 teams will have to find other dates now.

What with that and a Good Friday clash of fixtures for Richard Lawson, who has 4 meetings on that day, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come!

I'm sure it's on Sunday 1st July

2 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

The Arena can easily host a few thousand - a few more food vans and won't be an issue...and the best thing about Redcar is how neutral the track is, not like a Peterborough or Sheffield...

When the Bears returned to Speedway at this venue on its opening day, there was close to 5000 fans inside, the arena has better facilities now so cant see any problems.

Edited by oldywonkenoldi
spellcheck

40 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

I'm sure it's on Sunday 1st July

Just checked the SGB site, it is July 1, not June 1 as quoted in the Star.  I should never believe anything I read on page 3 lol

Edited by Cliv Clav
  • Like 1