British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

46 minutes ago, oldywonkenoldi said:

When the Bears returned to Speedway at this venue on its opening day, there was close to 5000 fans inside, the arena has better facilities now so cant see any problems.

A bit of an over statement, it was just over 4000. One real difficulty will be car parking of the cars and buses, as there is usually a shortage even when the Diamonds are there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

A bit of an over statement, it was just over 4000. One real difficulty will be car parking of the cars and buses, as there is usually a shortage even when the Diamonds are there.

They had to get it on a certain date to make sure the car parking at the adjacent Karting / moto cross facilities will also be in full sole operation by Redcar Speedway for the 4s meeting. Dont worry everything has been well and truly thought out before this meeting was accepted by the promotion

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oldywonkenoldi said:

When the Bears returned to Speedway at this venue on its opening day, there was close to 5000 fans inside, the arena has better facilities now so cant see any problems.

Yes but 1500 at least were on the back straight hill where fans are not allowed to stand now - but easily 3,000

14 minutes ago, Parsy29 said:

They had to get it on a certain date to make sure the car parking at the adjacent Karting / moto cross facilities will also be in full sole operation by Redcar Speedway for the 4s meeting. Dont worry everything has been well and truly thought out before this meeting was accepted by the promotion

And there is loads of parking, the main road for instance, you could a line of cars on one side - plenty of parking around the stadium - although not secure, granted...

will the 2  turnstiles be able to handle the constant spinning around before they pack in .  better get ther early and get some chips that will be cooked properly !

plenty of time to make our minds up if we are going or not ......

7 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

And there is loads of parking, the main road for instance, you could a line of cars on one side - plenty of parking around the stadium - although not secure, granted...

I was on the road for your first meeting and it was quite a distance away hence why I mentioned it. I was also on that grass bank till the Cooncil Officer moved us on, or the meeting could not continue. If I remember right the councils crowd limit was about 2900 for that night, but as I said in the earlier post, a few more sneaked in so they changed their tac to make sure we were all safe. 

Good to see these events being spread around different clubs.

Obviously the good work the new promotion have done hasn't gone unnoticed.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Loads of parking on the trading estate opposite, within 200M & Free

Just now, Norfolk Bear said:

Loads of parking on the trading estate opposite, within 200M & Free

Is that one of the industrial sites that have been cleared now.

45 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The local press quoted almost 5000, . 

Just now, Norfolk Bear said:

The local press quoted almost 5000, . 

Press have been wrong before. I was told over 4000 the week later, the same as the councils agreed limit I was told. Do you realise what 5000 fans look like ?. You wouldn't get them in.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Towards the end of last season,  A Friday night match against Sheffield, Half the Car park was in use for an event at the race track, so arrangements were put in place to use a newly constructed (It wasn't quite finished but was relatively flat and Clear) Car parking area behind the Back Straight next to the Moto Cross Circuit. Looking at Bing Maps (the most up to date Aerial Photos)the area is much bigger than the present Car park. I'm sure permission will be sought to use this area again. 

Edited by pvm

19 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Good to see these events being spread around different clubs.

Obviously the good work the new promotion have done hasn't gone unnoticed.

More a case of thank you Torun and Jack Holder I would have thought. Without Holdergate it would have been same as irrespective.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pvm said:

Towards the end of last season, Half the Car park was in use for an event at the race track, so arrangements were put in place to use a newly constructed (It wasn't quite finished but was relatively flat and Clear) Car parking area behind the Back Straight next to the Moto Cross Circuit. Looking at Bing Maps (the most up to date Aerial Photos)the area is much bigger than the present Car park. I'm sure permission will be sought to use this area again. 

Didn't know about that facility. On the busier nights I have used the motor circuits parking and also used their inside facilities after the meeting with the DIamonds team, but I don't believe that arrangement is available now. Of course that car skid training track used to be part of the original speedway parking.

If I don't see you before, I'll see you in April for the Diamonds meeting. Take Care.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

More a case of thank you Torun and Jack Holder I would have thought. Without Holdergate it would have been same as irrespective.

There seems an irony that the 4's move from the track Ged got, to the track he wanted to run in the first case.

But best of luck Redcar, they will do a good job I am sure, and it's a lot less miles for me and my Northern brethren. They have already held the 4's meeting for the NJL 4's for about 4 years now. I think we will still miss Peterborough as that day out is always something special to me and my family as it is with most fans.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2