British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

12 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

There seems an irony that the 4's move from the track Ged got, to the track he wanted to run in the first case.

But best of luck Redcar, they will do a good job I am sure, and it's a lot less miles for me and my Northern brethren. They have already held the 4's meeting for the NJL 4's for about 4 years now. I think we will still miss Peterborough as that day out is always something special to me and my family as it is with most fans.

Didn't want to go there for being accused of looking for a story which isn't there but it was noticed and not in ironic terms :o

• Like 1

Oh dear the pussy cat fans /promotion won’t be happy about loosing out on the Fours to Redcar . Good choice and as people have said Redcar is a fair race track . Ps I knew cos Rob Godfrey was guilty in the panthers fans eyes he would get them back ha ha as the old saying goes“ He who laughs last , laughs loudest“  get in Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

Oh dear the pussy cat fans /promotion won’t be happy about loosing out on the Fours to Redcar . Good choice and as people have said Redcar is a fair race track . Ps I knew cos Rob Godfrey was guilty in the panthers fans eyes he would get them back ha ha as the old saying goes“ He who laughs last , laughs loudest“  get in Rob

That could only be true if Ged had wanted to host the 4's again this year. Maybe the circuit wasn't available this year at the right time. Anyway it's Redcar now and I'm happy with that.

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

Think you will find that they had no intention of having it this year, and personally i'm not bothered where it is. Should be at the National Stadium imo...

A free Parmo and a lemon top for desert on entry  and I reckon 10000 to 15000 through the turnstiles easily.

4 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

A free Parmo and a lemon top for desert on entry  and I reckon 10000 to 15000 through the turnstiles easily.

I know Redcar has a sandy beach but desert is stretching it a bit (plus as we know if you get to Redcar you've gone well past the track).

Good news for the Track and promotion though - hope the weather is kind and it's a success.

• Like 1

Another English teacher making the rounds. I though Tsunami was bad enough :P

With the crowds expected We might have to  use Redcar like the good  old days for a spot of sand racing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jenga said:

will the 2  turnstiles be able to handle the constant spinning around before they pack in .  better get ther early and get some chips that will be cooked properly !

plenty of time to make our minds up if we are going or not ......

They dont have spinning turnstiles!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

A bit of an over statement, it was just over 4000. One real difficulty will be car parking of the cars and buses, as there is usually a shortage even when the Diamonds are there.

I haven't a clue how close the nearest train station is to Redcar, but if a reasonably short distance away why not go by train from Newcastle to Redcar. May even be a suitable trip for fans of other teams. Go the whole hog and charter a train like Mad Wellie did all those years ago.

Train companies nowadays can with a bit of notice be very accommodating to slight changes in timetables and stops.

In 2016 when Oxford Utd got to the JPT trophy final, Chiltern Trains who had opened a line between Oxford and Marylebone 6 months before altered their timetable so all trains between Oxford and London stopped at Wembley. They made money, supporters got a cheap and quick journey, I bet the company are still reaping the rewards as I bet a fair few people who wouldn't normally consider going to London by train before then, now do.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

A bit of sover statement, it was just over 4000. One real difficulty will be car parking of the cars and buses, as there is usually a shortage even when the Diamonds are there.

Motor X car park behind back straight Is massive!

M

14 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I haven't a clue how close the nearest train station is to Redcar, but if a reasonably short distance away why not go by train from Newcastle to Redcar. May even be a suitable trip for fans of other teams. Go the whole hog and charter a train like Mad Wellie did all those years ago.

Train companies nowadays can with a bit of notice be very accommodating to slight changes in timetables and stops.

In 2016 when Oxford Utd got to the JPT trophy final, Chiltern Trains who had opened a line between Oxford and Marylebone 6 months before altered their timetable so all trains between Oxford and London stopped at Wembley. They made money, supporters got a cheap and quick journey, I bet the company are still reaping the rewards as I bet a fair few people who wouldn't normally consider going to London by train before then, now do.

14 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

In 2016 when Oxford Utd got to the JPT trophy final, Chiltern Trains who had opened a line between Oxford and Marylebone 6 months before altered their timetable so all trains between Oxford and London stopped at Wembley. They made money, supporters got a cheap and quick journey, I bet the company are still reaping the rewards as I bet a fair few people who wouldn't normally consider going to London by train before thenM, now do.

Middlesbrough Station is 5mins taxi ride from the track. Not too easy to walk to due to the A66. Don't get off at Redcar its miles away!

Edited by Bellers101
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

M

Middlesbrough Station is 5mins taxi ride from the track. Not too easy to walk to due to the A66. Don't get off at Redcar its miles away!

As one of the Top men in the WWE I shall be arriving by luxury helicopter with a bevy of scantily clad beauties. The ladies will have their sexy bloomers with them as they probably won' know what weather to expect on a summer' day up north by the North sea.

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

As one of the Top men in the WWE I shall be arriving by luxury helicopter with a bevy of scantily clad beauties. The ladies will have their sexy bloomers with them as they probably won' know what weather to expect on a summer' day up north by the North sea.

Try lined tracksuit bottoms, even on a good day. We locals might put a light coat on.

48 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

They dont have spinning turnstiles!

they wont get many in if the turnstiles dont turn . lol .   ( forgot they dont do tech )