British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

14 hours ago, oldywonkenoldi said:

The answer to your neutral track venue, Have Redcar won the league yet, or even gone through a season unbeaten at home, NO, or have teams who hardly ever lose at home with the advantages they have, won the league every year since Redcar rejoined the championship in 2006. I say only Scorpions have won the league since then, who have not had a massive home advantage.

Have Redcar ever had a team capable of winning the league?

Sheffield always seem to have home track advantage when they have a good team, it disappears when we don't

I really don't understand this fact

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cheekycobra said:

Not only  a neutral track, but a track that most riders love to ride. You see it week in week out. opposition riders up there game which makes Redcar have to up theirs. As an example Aussie riders and saying to Redcars  new rider Jordan Stewart "you will love the track".

So if you have a team with Aussies in it you will have an advantage, so does that make it a neutral track?

so how much did redcar pay to get the 4s ? 

they dont just hand them out, its a bidding war i think .

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

And you think anybody on here would know that , we don't even know the rules ffs never mind how much someone pays for an event. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

Used to be the case but not anymore, now it’s more like who can be bothered to do it.

On 25/01/2018 at 7:37 PM, Bellers101 said:

Middlesbrough Station is 5mins taxi ride from the track. Not too easy to walk to due to the A66. Don't get off at Redcar its miles away!

South Bank station is about a 15min walk from the stadium. 

Redcar did not ask for the Fours, they were offered them.. 

5 minutes ago, boz said:

Redcar did not ask for the Fours, they were offered them.. 

As I say good to see these events shared around different tracks.

• Like 3

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, Speedway4ever said:

Like Boz said Improved viewing areas are being worked on, more catering vans to be planned, Car parking being looked and and some other places sorted. Even outside if those footy fans can get away with parking their cars all over and the Police and Council doing nothing about them then it shouldn't be a problem. The track is one of the best in Speedway and there will be good action on it. i'm sure the true Speedway fans will come and watch while the yappers will continue to yap. It should be as great days entertainment. 

As good as Peterborough ? Not in my recent experience.

Redcar have something serious to match here. The Fours meetings over the last two seasons at the Showground have been nothing less than brilliant and I am genuinely surprised that this meeting has been moved.

19 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Redcar have something serious to match here. The Fours meetings over the last two seasons at the Showground have been nothing less than brilliant and I am genuinely surprised that this meeting has been moved.

The reason it's not at the showground is because Jed Rathbone told the BSPA  to stick it where the sun doesn't shine in response to the harsh fine originally imposed on him for releasing Jack Holder to ride in Poland.

15 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Surely not surprised given all comments and events. But with the 4TT at the EoES virtually always a success and everything in place for that success to continue then it is strange logic if you can put aside any vindictiveness. Perhaps Rathbone was asked but declined.

As for the track, Doyle should know what he's talking about - Doyle said: “I’ve ridden Peterborough a few times with Somerset and also back some years ago when I was with Poole. It’s a nice track to ride and hopefully it’s going to be good racing. It’s a proper racetrack, there’s many lines on it, as far as I can remember. I haven’t been for a few years so hopefully it’s the same!

4 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

The reason it's not at the showground is because Jed Rathbone told the BSPA  to stick it where the sun doesn't shine in response to the harsh fine originally imposed on him for releasing Jack Holder to ride in Poland.

28,000 reasons for doing that.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

28,000 reasons for doing that.

No sour grapes from me for moving it to  Redcar , I am not a great lover of the fours event at the best of times and last season I arranged my holiday to Australia coincide with the tournemont ,  it 'was the only meeting I missed and still managed to get back for the next home meeting against Newcastle. Good luck to Redcar and I hope they make a success of it .

• Like 2

From memory, clubs apply if they wish to hold a Major Event & Peterborough did not apply for the 4's in 2018. The only Major that seems it will not move will be the Pairs at Somerset, with it being the day before Cardiff & a lot of speedway fans in the area.

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Surely not surprised given all comments and events. But with the 4TT at the EoES virtually always a success and everything in place for that success to continue then it is strange logic if you can put aside any vindictiveness. Perhaps Rathbone was asked but declined.

As for the track, Doyle should know what he's talking about - Doyle said: “I’ve ridden Peterborough a few times with Somerset and also back some years ago when I was with Poole. It’s a nice track to ride and hopefully it’s going to be good racing. It’s a proper racetrack, there’s many lines on it, as far as I can remember. I haven’t been for a few years so hopefully it’s the same!

I am surprised but I am also naïve.

If an event is a huge success on and off track you'd think you would do everything not to change it.

No disrespect to Redcar, but in almost every aspect it is inferior to Peterborough for holding an event of this nature.

• Like 1