British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

if not Redcar it should be at BV - why should Peterborough have home advantage every year

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Its not my view that Redcar can't stage the meeting or indeed make a reasonable success of it - I just don't think that the facilities at STMP match EOES in any way at all. To me, the last two seasons Fours have been a fantastic advert for speedway so I simply wouldn't have changed it and would have gone a long way to ensuring that this years event was staged at Peterborough. It seems rather pathetic to me - and indicative (apparently) of the way that certain members of the BSPA put their own private grievances above the wishes of the paying fan - that it is not.

I have seen some good racing at Redcar - indeed, it used to be one of my favourite tracks until Havelock got hold of it. Things improved in 2017 but the quality of the speedway there is still light years away from that at Peterborough.

My own view is that shared events should be allocated on the basis of all round success, nothing more. That is about both the financial rewards off track and feedback from fans about the meeting itself. Do a good job, get it back. Don't and lose it. 

Ah but we got the meet cos we talk proper like yerknowwarramean, even mor Kweens inglish than you Tykes

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Albert said:

and with decent transport links.. its a good shout imo.

Transport links are as bad as Peterborough. I know. I've tried. 

19 hours ago, cheekycobra said:

Theres the whole of the cart track to park on like I had to at the very first meeting. motorcross carpark also. The whole motor sport facility is massive, parking will not be a problem.

It's a Sunday in the middle of the summer. I'd be very surprised if the Cart Track isn't open as well. 

On 28/01/2018 at 6:58 AM, Halifaxtiger said:

Its not my view that Redcar can't stage the meeting or indeed make a reasonable success of it - I just don't think that the facilities at STMP match EOES in any way at all. To me, the last two seasons Fours have been a fantastic advert for speedway so I simply wouldn't have changed it and would have gone a long way to ensuring that this years event was staged at Peterborough. It seems rather pathetic to me - and indicative (apparently) of the way that certain members of the BSPA put their own private grievances above the wishes of the paying fan - that it is not.

I have seen some good racing at Redcar - indeed, it used to be one of my favourite tracks until Havelock got hold of it. Things improved in 2017 but the quality of the speedway there is still light years away from that at Peterborough.

My own view is that shared events should be allocated on the basis of all round success, nothing more. That is about both the financial rewards off track and feedback from fans about the meeting itself. Do a good job, get it back. Don't and lose it. 

Having attended a number of fours events at Peterborough - there is no reason to suggest that Redcar won't be better,  the EOS track is not lightyears ahead of any track (Newcastle granted), especially Redcar.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, leander said:

It's a Sunday in the middle of the summer. I'd be very surprised if the Cart Track isn't open as well. 

According to the Teesside Aerodrome's own website, no events are scheduled to take place on the weekend of the Fours. I'm sure Kevin & Ben will hold (or have held) discussions with operators of the Motorsports park to iron out any problems. I believe they have a good working relationship.

On 25/01/2018 at 3:58 PM, Parsy29 said:

They had to get it on a certain date to make sure the car parking at the adjacent Karting / moto cross facilities will also be in full sole operation by Redcar Speedway for the 4s meeting. Dont worry everything has been well and truly thought out before this meeting was accepted by the promotion

21 minutes ago, pvm said:

According to the Teesside Aerodrome's own website, no events are scheduled to take place on the weekend of the Fours. I'm sure Kevin & Ben will hold (or have held) discussions with operators of the Motorsports park to iron out any problems. I believe they have a good working relationship.

I think we should be OK given what Parsy29 said.

On 1/25/2018 at 5:35 PM, blupanther said:

Think you will find that they had no intention of having it this year, and personally i'm not bothered where it is. Should be at the National Stadium imo...

Very good - I like the way you do irony ;)

• Thanks 1

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, Parsy29 said:

They had to get it on a certain date to make sure the car parking at the adjacent Karting / moto cross facilities will also be in full sole operation by Redcar Speedway for the 4s meeting. Dont worry everything has been well and truly thought out before this meeting was accepted by the promotion

4 hours ago, pvm said:

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I think we should be OK given what Parsy29 said.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Sorry, I missed Parsy29's post when I was replying to one of your earlier posts, so wasn't aware of things already being put in place, thanks for pointing out the extra information I'd missed...

Edited by pvm
  • Like 1

On 27/01/2018 at 10:50 PM, spin king said:

Inclined to agree with you.

But at the end of the day the shared events has to make money and if the Redcar promotion fail to do so then the event will more than likely move back to Peterborough.

Like after last season Glasgow took on the Riders Individual meeting it did not make enough money so they move it back to Sheffield. 

It would have been fine at Gkasgow if the original staging hadn't been rained off.

5 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Having attended a number of fours events at Peterborough - there is no reason to suggest that Redcar won't be better,  the EOS track is not lightyears ahead of any track (Newcastle granted), especially Redcar.

These are some of the comments made about the 2017 Fours at Peterborough :

One of, if not the best 4TT's I've seen. Well organised, minimal delays and lovely weather.

IMHO the presentation was good, the organisation was good and some of the racing was bloody brilliant.                              
There was some awesome racing in the final so anyone who decided to stay away missed a great meeting.                              
The last 9 heats in the final was some of the best/tightest racing you will see for a while                              

Probably because some of the racing - particularly in the final - was just superb.                              
That final was some of the best Ravi g I have ever seen. Just bloody brilliant.                              

I thoroughly enjoyed another entertaining fours featuring some brilliant races, especially in the final, and must congratulate the majority of riders for putting on such a show

When's the last time you read similar comments about a meeting at Redcar ?

The really interesting bit is that 2016 was even better. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

pleased in a way for redcar.........but.imho it<s rightful home is does.always has been and always will be.will miss my trip there.like the pairs re run at sheffield.good meeting but should have stayed at somerset.it,s rightful home.cant wait for my mini speedway fix this year

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

One of, if not the best 4TT's I've seen. Well organised, minimal delays and lovely weather.

IMHO the presentation was good, the organisation was good and some of the racing was bloody brilliant.                              
There was some awesome racing in the final so anyone who decided to stay away missed a great meeting.                              
The last 9 heats in the final was some of the best/tightest racing you will see for a while                              

Probably because some of the racing - particularly in the final - was just superb.                              

I thoroughly enjoyed another entertaining fours featuring some brilliant races, especially in the final, and must congratulate the majority of riders for putting on such a show

Don't get me wrong I never said the Fours at Peterborough was bad - I just don't think it will be any worse, racing wise, for going to Redcar - far from it.

6 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

When was the last time a Fours meeting was at Redcar for comments to be made about it?

Makes me laugh people saying it should be here or there. Well it's at Redcar this year and i'm sure the promotion will do their best to make it a good day for all Speedway fans going to watch it.