British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

6 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

These are some of the comments made about the 2017 Fours at Peterborough :

One of, if not the best 4TT's I've seen. Well organised, minimal delays and lovely weather.

IMHO the presentation was good, the organisation was good and some of the racing was bloody brilliant.                              
There was some awesome racing in the final so anyone who decided to stay away missed a great meeting.                              
The last 9 heats in the final was some of the best/tightest racing you will see for a while                              

Probably because some of the racing - particularly in the final - was just superb.                              
That final was some of the best Ravi g I have ever seen. Just bloody brilliant.                              

I thoroughly enjoyed another entertaining fours featuring some brilliant races, especially in the final, and must congratulate the majority of riders for putting on such a show

When's the last time you read similar comments about a meeting at Redcar ?

The really interesting bit is that 2016 was even better. 

Every week when I used to write the match reports for the Bears  website :P

Saying that you seem to be banging on about this a tad OTT and suggests an underlying something you have against Redcar. At the end of the day its going to be at Redcar like it or not and know one knows if its going to be a good meeting or not.

PS. Wasn't 2016 at Redcar?

Edited by cheekycobra
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

When was the last time a Fours meeting was at Redcar for comments to be made about it?

Makes me laugh people saying it should be here or there. Well it's at Redcar this year and i'm sure the promotion will do their best to make it a good day for all Speedway fans going to watch it. 

2 years ago when Havvy got the replay  :rolleyes:. Wasn't a bad meeting either, but the track is loads better now

• Like 1

I don't think HT has anything against Redcar, he is always very fair I find. I think it's fair to say a number of people really enjoyed the last couple of Fours meetings at Peterborough and would have liked to see it back there. 

I'm confident we can also put on a very good meeting, and very much looking forward to it. 

• Like 3

I'm happy it's at Redcar one of the tracks I've yet to visit, two to go after this

• Like 1

Halifaxtiger is one of the diehards of the sport, very fair in his assessments of speedway today, like all on this forum he is entitled to his opinion, sometimes right, sometimes wrong, but like all fans has his own preferences, if he says Peterborough fours will take some beating, let Redcar show him it can and will be done, but wasn't it Redcar Bears who made last years final so good.

• Like 3

It's a "Shared Event," so, surely, it should be 'shared around' the tracks?

It can get a bit boring going to the same place for the same event every year (PLRC etc), so a different place, for me, anyway, is good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Is it not down to which tracks apply to run the meetings as well.

Of course it is, but, I'm still to be convinced that Sheffield and Peterborough have been the only tracks willing to host the PLRC (as it was) or the Fours for the last few years (up until last year when the CLRC was switched to Glasgow).

22 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Of course it is, but, I'm still to be convinced that Sheffield and Peterborough have been the only tracks willing to host the PLRC (as it was) or the Fours for the last few years (up until last year when the CLRC was switched to Glasgow).

Ive said for years it should change every season 

• Like 1

There are many clubs who can't host the 4's, or don't want to, sometimes due to lack of parking and pits not big enough. Whether people like it or not, but Peterborough is the real home for the 4's due to a great track, the racing, facilities, parking, viewing, as long as the venue is available for the right period.

In it's absence, I applaud Redcar for taking up the challenge and will be there to support them and the event.

• Like 8

Surely with it being a national speedway event it should be held at the national speedway stadium !

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Surely with it being a national speedway event it should be held at the national speedway stadium !

On that basis, do you think that all the major events should be at Belle Vue ?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

The fact that is billed as the National stadium.

Is that not what most sports do have their finals at their National stadiums.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

Yes apart from the grand prix which  can stay at rip off cardiff which could be classed as international !

i think all shared events should be at BV

thats what i thought it was for