British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

4 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Shouldn't be that way though as we are all Speedway fans at the end of the day and at the end of the night the best team wins. Personally I would rather have a bit of banter with the other teams supporters. I do when at Workington.

Quite agree but the select few Bears fans didn't see it that way. I wear my colourful Diamonds jacket everywhere, so stuff anybody who doesn't like it.

• Like 2

Just now, Tsunami said:

Quite agree but the select few Bears fans didn't see it that way. I wear my colourful Diamonds jacket everywhere, so stuff anybody who doesn't like it.

Makes me laugh when you see fans in footy going crackers at each other. It's only a game lol. Go enjoy it and come home. Life is too short to be causing fights n arguments over a sport. Cheeky banter at the meeting or on here is only pee taking between us all.

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Whilst I 100% agree, in the interests of fairness it appears to have been the same in the past when Redcar have visited Newcastle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Speedway4ever said:

Makes me laugh when you see fans in footy going crackers at each other. It's only a game lol. Go enjoy it and come home. Life is too short to be causing fights n arguments over a sport. Cheeky banter at the meeting or on here is only pee taking between us all.

I actually always stand with regular Bears fans in the second temp stand after being invited to do so. We have some canny banter, winding each other up, but always go back to the same place next time. It's all a laugh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boz said:

Whilst I 100% agree, in the interests of fairness it appears to have been the same in the past when Redcar have visited Newcastle.

What a convenient statement. Reality is the fans I am taking about used to take over the area to the front of the Announcers box, and due to their language, swearing, drinking and the mess they left from their brought in food and drink, and child abuse seen they are reported several times and now that group doesn't come. But that's not to say they didn't come. The few fans that do come usually stand with the home crowd and just merge in. I know most of them so I know who are Bears fans.    

Convenient? Sanctimonious tosh.

boz was simply stating the fact that Redcar fans have been abused at Newcastle in the past. To suggest it is a problem just at Redcar is disingenuous on your part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Convenient? Sanctimonious tosh.

boz was simply stating the fact that Redcar fans have been abused at Newcastle in the past. To suggest it is a problem just at Redcar is disingenuous on your part.

Funny how that problem has now gone, so it was there. Nothing sanctimonious about it, try the truth. 

“Try the truth”

Even the response is sanctimonious. :D

Well done Redcar on getting the 4’s anyway - thread has gone off track slightly.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Speedway4ever said:

. Don't hurry back this season to our dump will ya lol

Least we agree Stig x

5 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Where do all these Newcastle fans go  when they arrive in their droves at the STMSP, I estimate they usually bring about 50. 

Well if its only 50 there is hardly ever any room on the temp stands.... how will the place accomodate 8 other teams fans also?? Genuine question. Because if its the same set up then its an accident waiting to happen as there simply isnt the room.

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

What a convenient statement. Reality is the fans I am taking about used to take over the area to the front of the Announcers box, and due to their language, swearing, drinking and the mess they left from their brought in food and drink, and child abuse seen they are reported several times and now that group doesn't come. But that's not to say they didn't come. The few fans that do come usually stand with the home crowd and just merge in. I know most of them so I know who are Bears fans.    

Jeez......a topic on Redcar getting the 4's degenerated into a post suggesting child abuse.....must be an all-time low

6 hours ago, Arson fire said:

Well if its only 50 there is hardly ever any room on the temp stands.... how will the place accomodate 8 other teams fans also?? Genuine question. Because if its the same set up then its an accident waiting to happen as there simply isnt the room.

As has been said numerous times on this thread, the facilities will be improved and not just for the Fours. Hosting the event is not something the club took lightly and they did not accept at first, instead going away and making sure they would be able to get everything in place they would need. 

Parking, catering, viewing are all things that have been thought about. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I actually always stand with regular Bears fans in the second temp stand after being invited to do so. We have some canny banter, winding each other up, but always go back to the same place next time. It's all a laugh. 

I think I can be blamed for 'inviting' you :D

Absolutely correct, though :approve: Its why my first two matches pencilled in this season were Redcar v Newcastle. 

Although I have made clear that I think Peterborough - after the huge success of the past two seasons - would be a better option, some of the comments about Redcar are simply not fair. Its way better than a 'dump' and although there were few visible signs it was clearly a different place last season after the departure of Havelock. I don't doubt it will step up again this season and, with a bit of luck, the track will get back to something near what it was like at the outset. It was one of the best then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boz said:

As has been said numerous times on this thread, the facilities will be improved and not just for the Fours. Hosting the event is not something the club took lightly and they did not accept at first, instead going away and making sure they would be able to get everything in place they would need. 

Parking, catering, viewing are all things that have been thought about. 

Ok point taken, can they use the back straight these days if needed?

38 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I think I can be blamed for 'inviting' you :D

Absolutely correct, though :approve: Its why my first two matches pencilled in this season were Redcar v Newcastle. 

Although I have made clear that I think Peterborough - after the huge success of the past two seasons - would be a better option, some of the comments about Redcar are simply not fair. Its way better than a 'dump' and although there were few visible signs it was clearly a different place last season after the departure of Havelock. I don't doubt it will step up again this season and, with a bit of luck, the track will get back to something near what it was like at the outset. It was one of the best then. 

My comments are nothing to do with the track, its the saftey, comfort and facilities for supporters that i think are poor to be holding a shared event with at least triple the normal league match crowd