British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

out of all the tracks the 4s could have gone to, i'm not too disappointed with Redcar.

always like going there and have seen some good racing, although i'm another that would like to see the back straight used

When the track first opened I think I remember reading that CVS preferred to only have two sides open (home straight and bends  1 and 2) to compact the supporters and make it look fuller. The back straight has only been used once, and that was the first meeting when the crowd was a lot more than expected so opened it up to spread people out. I  cant see it been opened for the fours unless a different route into the pits  is found as that's the route (touch wood we don't need one) the ambulance uses.

9 hours ago, cheekycobra said:

When the track first opened I think I remember reading that CVS preferred to only have two sides open (home straight and bends  1 and 2) to compact the supporters and make it look fuller. The back straight has only been used once, and that was the first meeting when the crowd was a lot more than expected so opened it up to spread people out. I  cant see it been opened for the fours unless a different route into the pits  is found as that's the route (touch wood we don't need one) the ambulance uses.

So basically CVS likes to cramp/squash his supporters on the terraces because the crowd looks better.

wonderful

42 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

So basically CVS likes to cramp/squash his supporters on the terraces because the crowd looks better.

wonderful

Wasn't cramped the last time I went !!

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

wonderful

Utter rubbish. The back straight is highly banked and supports the road which gives access to the pits at the other end of the stadium. The remaining area in the stand along the home straight, the home straight, and the second bend stands are more than adequate for even a decent crowd. All tracks can't be blessed with a showground to call on, and Redcar do very well with the land that they got for a speedway track. Incidentley CVS would probably had very little input while he employed Glyn Taylor to reconstruct a Motocross dump into a more than acceptable race track and viewing provisions. 

Stick to Peterborough.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Utter rubbish. The back straight is highly banked and supports the road which gives access to the pits at the other end of the stadium. The remaining area in the stand along the home straight, the home straight, and the second bend stands are more than adequate for even a decent crowd. All tracks can't be blessed with a showground to call on, and Redcar do very well with the land that they got for a speedway track. Incidentley CVS would probably had very little input while he employed Glyn Taylor to reconstruct a Motocross dump into a more than acceptable race track and viewing provisions. 

Stick to Peterborough.

CVS had very little input? Shows how little you know...stick to the Greyhound stadium

10 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

CVS had very little input? Shows how little you know...stick to the Greyhound stadium

It also shows how little you know the showground has never  held greyhound racing and I doubt very much if it ever will . Peterborough has a very nicely set site for this on the other side of town.

• Confused 1

Been to redcar many times   if u stand on bends 1 and 2 its hard to see over safety fence and if u behind someone forget it.

On 30/01/2018 at 10:09 PM, Heedthebaw said:

On that basis, do you think that all the major events should be at Belle Vue ?

Yes apart from the grand prix which  can stay at rip off cardiff

1 hour ago, RedcarRacer said:

Read before you quote. It was Glyn Taylor who fashioned out the Redcar track. Whilst CVS was the main man to bring speedway to Redcar, it was Glyn that built the track. 

No all tracks should have a share of open meetings, if they then Turned it down it would be up to them. At least they could not moan about  then.

Edited by Trackerman48

I've been to Redcar and had no problem viewing but that was just a normal league match, if an extra 500 to 1000 people turn up viewing might be more difficult. Its a shame they can't sort the ambulance access out, the viewing from the banking would be great. 

It' d be a damn sight better spectacle if it was held at BV instead.  Redcar 270-odd metres, 50-odd second track record, nothing more than a training track.

1 minute ago, eric i said:

I've been to Redcar and had no problem viewing but that was just a normal league match, if an extra 500 to 1000 people turn up viewing might be more difficult. Its a shame they can't sort the ambulance access out, the viewing from the banking would be great. 

The bank is too steep to be safe for people standing on it. I was on it for the very  first meeting and we were all moved off it for safety reasons.

16 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

It' d be a damn sight better spectacle if it was held at BV instead.  Redcar 270-odd metres, 50-odd second track record, nothing more than a training track.

What a load of crap your talking, no more than a training track the racing can be as good as BV.