British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

What a load of crap your talking, no more than a training track the racing can be as good as BV.

You have got to remember that Stoke Potter believes that all tracks should be the same as like Polish tracks and if that means some(or most) tracks have to close, so be it. What a tosser he is. Redcar is way better than a training track.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

You have got to remember that Stoke Potter believes that all tracks should be the same as like Polish tracks and if that means some(or most) tracks have to close, so be it. What a tosser he is. Redcar is way better than a training track.

Tosser..?  Really?  Truly laughable!  Attack the post and not the poster.  Evidently you're still sore after you were made to look stupid over the track size/rules debate???  

And to the other fella, "as good as Belle vue?"  Do me a favour!  Nowhere in this country come close.

And to correct our friend Tsunami, for the umpteenth time: 
No they don't all need to be same; many of them need them to bigger and still more of them need to be wider, particularly on the bends. 

You're in no position to criticise Polish tracks.  Again truly laughable!

Tight, narrow tracks, no space to overtake, no racing spectacle = "first out of the start wins" mentality and why nobody goes!

10 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

So basically CVS likes to cramp/squash his supporters on the terraces because the crowd looks better.

wonderful

I didn't say cramp/squash, just all in one place. Other than the shock of the first meeting he got it spot on. 

51 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Tosser..?  Really?  Truly laughable!  Attack the post and not the poster.  Evidently you're still sore after you were made to look stupid over the track size/rules debate???  

And to the other fella, "as good as Belle vue?"  Do me a favour!  Nowhere in this country come close.

No they don't all need to be same; many of them need them to bigger and still more of them need to be wider, particularly on the bends. 

Tight, narrow tracks, no space to overtake, no racing spectacle = "first out of the start wins" mentality and why nobody goes!

Redcar isn't tight or narrow, what are you on about?

54 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

The raceing can be as good as BV and yes I have been and I've seen some boring Race's like you do at Every track and I do know what I'm talking about. You talk about polish tracks haven lived there for a good few years, believe me not all polish tracks are good.

6 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Utter rubbish. The back straight is highly banked and supports the road which gives access to the pits at the other end of the stadium. The remaining area in the stand along the home straight, the home straight, and the second bend stands are more than adequate for even a decent crowd. All tracks can't be blessed with a showground to call on, and Redcar do very well with the land that they got for a speedway track. Incidentley CVS would probably had very little input while he employed Glyn Taylor to reconstruct a Motocross dump into a more than acceptable race track and viewing provisions. 

Stick to Peterborough.

Not knocking Redcar, been told it’s a lovely track, having been several times to Sheffield and Wolves I think it’s poor to concentrate a crowd in that way.

1 hour ago, cheekycobra said:

Redcar isn't tight or narrow, what are you on about?

I never said it was, that comment was directed at Tsunami with Polish track reference.

Redcar is short and in my opinion 270 odd metres is too short.  My opinion, others differ...

6 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

I never said it was, that comment was directed at Tsunami with Polish track reference.

Redcar is short and in my opinion 270 odd metres is too short.  My opinion, others differ...

As the saying goes "size doesn't matter". Its the shape. Would a track  over 1000m mean the racing would be  even better?

2 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

As the saying goes "size doesn't matter". Its the shape. Would a track  over 1000m mean the racing would be  even better?

................and the preparation.

One of my favourite tracks is Plymouth (which I believe is the smallest in the country) and no-one could reasonably say that the racing is better at Berwick, for example.

While over a season in my view their is no comparison between Belle Vue & Redcar, I have seen some brilliant racing at STMP.

If you can do it once, you can do it again.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It also shows how little you know the showground has never  held greyhound racing and I doubt very much if it ever will . Peterborough has a very nicely set site for this on the other side of town.

I was referring to Newcastle...:rolleyes:

If the back straight isnt accesible i cant see how Redcar can easily  accommodate a normal 4's size crowd, the usual stands are pretty much full for regular league meetings nevermind a shared competition with all other teams fans there....aswell. where are they going to put the extra 3,4,5, 600 fans?? 

Genuine question? 

16 hours ago, cheekycobra said:

Actually it's size, shape, width, banking, material and preparation.  No 1000m would not be better, optimum would be 320-360ish in my view.

This has been done to death on previous threads and few people can see the bigger (no pun intended) picture.

3 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Actually it's size, shape, width, banking, material and preparation.  No 1000m would not be better, optimum would be 320-360ish in my view.

This has been done to death on previous threads and few people can see the bigger (no pun intended) picture.

Just wondering have you been to many tracks, what’s your favourite, apart from Belle Vue?

3 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

If its been done to death, why did you bring it back up then. 

• Like 1