British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

4 hours ago, Arson fire said:

If the back straight isnt accesible i cant see how Redcar can easily  accommodate a normal 4's size crowd, the usual stands are pretty much full for regular league meetings nevermind a shared competition with all other teams fans there....aswell. where are they going to put the extra 3,4,5, 600 fans?? 

Genuine question? 

They won't get a crowd anywhere near like they got at Peterborough so won't matter

59 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Just wondering have you been to many tracks, what’s your favourite, apart from Belle Vue?

I have been to around 15-20 tracks.  Up until last year's poor surface for at least 2 meetings, I would have rated Poole as a second favourite.

Also Loomer Rd in the 80's, under the late John Dews, was a very good circuit.  Sadly it is far from that now.

The changes to Leicester last season have improved it considerably and I would now regard it as the best track in the Midlands, although it could still be improved further.

1 hour ago, cheekycobra said:

If its been done to death, why did you bring it back up then. 

I think you'll find it was the nice, polite, Mr Tsunami that brought it back up again rather than me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

They won't get a crowd anywhere near like they got at Peterborough so won't matter

I wouldnt know, its easier, quicker to get too for the northern tracks fans... and there's more of them than there is southern ones

58 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

I think you'll find it was the nice, polite, Mr Tsunami that brought it back up again rather than me.

I think you will find your post of 2.20pm yesterday was the one that brought it up once again. Loser again eh.

Anyway this thread is not about you and me.

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

so peterbrough fans not travelling then since they have pee all chance of winning

1 hour ago, homer said:

so peterbrough fans not travelling then since they have pee all chance of winning

Oh I don’t know, two wins and a draw at your place last year suggests otherwise.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Oh I don’t know, two wins and a draw at your place last year suggests otherwise.

stand by my original post no chance of winning it

12 hours ago, Arson fire said:

I wouldnt know, its easier, quicker to get too for the northern tracks fans... and there's more of them than there is southern ones

In purely geographical terms, Redcar is definitely the better choice because of its location and precisely where many of the Championship clubs are based.

The thing is, though, is even if there are significant improvements I really don't see in terms of facilities how STMP will compare with Peterborough (to be fair, there are few that can). 

In addition, I don't think you can overlook just how brilliant the last two seasons Fours Finals at the Showground have been. Not only does that make it more likely that people will travel, it also means that supporters from places like King's Lynn, Mildenhall, Rye House & Leicester will be tempted to go. 

I have no difficulty with the Fours being allocated to Redcar, I just think it is a huge shame that they won't be at Peterborough again. 

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

In purely geographical terms, Redcar is definitely the better choice because of its location and precisely where many of the Championship clubs are based.

The thing is, though, is even if there are significant improvements I really don't see in terms of facilities how STMP will compare with Peterborough (to be fair, there are few that can). 

In addition, I don't think you can overlook just how brilliant the last two seasons Fours Finals at the Showground have been. Not only does that make it more likely that people will travel, it also means that supporters from places like King's Lynn, Mildenhall, Rye House & Leicester will be tempted to go. 

I have no difficulty with the Fours being allocated to Redcar, I just think it is a huge shame that they won't be at Peterborough again. 

Agree . Seen some good racing at Redcar , but the final of the fours last year was just incredible . I'd be quite happy going to Peterborough for the fours every year , but i get the argument of spreading the big meetings around . 

11 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Agree . Seen some good racing at Redcar , but the final of the fours last year was just incredible . I'd be quite happy going to Peterborough for the fours every year , but i get the argument of spreading the big meetings around . 

To be honest it should go to a different venue every year, like all the majors, unfortunately not everyone wants to stage them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I've no problem with Redcar or anyone hosting the 4's, and agree the showground is the ideal place.

My concern is how are they going to fit hundreds more people into a tiny space ( home straight)  that is already full for normal league matches. The decking outside the portokabin bar is always full, the temp stands are pretty much full and the stand nearest the pits is petty much full, that leaves standing areas in front of the stand and in the middle by the starting gate, you put say another hundred, 2 hundred people in there and your going to be 5 deep watching the racing... if theres another 3,4,5 hundred there it will be a recipe for disaster imo.

10 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be honest it should go to a different venue every year, like all the majors, unfortunately not everyone wants to stage them.

If a track serves a brilliant day for the supporters, why change it ? 

8 hours ago, Arson fire said:

I've no problem with Redcar or anyone hosting the 4's, and agree the showground is the ideal place.

My concern is how are they going to fit hundreds more people into a tiny space ( home straight)  that is already full for normal league matches. The decking outside the portokabin bar is always full, the temp stands are pretty much full and the stand nearest the pits is petty much full, that leaves standing areas in front of the stand and in the middle by the starting gate, you put say another hundred, 2 hundred people in there and your going to be 5 deep watching the racing... if theres another 3,4,5 hundred there it will be a recipe for disaster imo.

Your concerns are entirely reasonable but I would hope that Redcar satisfied everyone that they could cope before they were allocated the meeting.

Makes me laugh at how many fortune tellers there is on here.

Why not just wait and see what the plans are from Redcar you never know plans might just be something you haven't guessed about yet.

crystal_ball.jpg

• Haha 1

Well I am happy that the fours has gone to Redcar.

With a top four that consists of two former Bears riders, one being a former number 1, and the other two who have always gone well around Redcar, no I am more than happy with the choice of venue for the fours.:D:D 

i doubt they would have been awarded it without contingency plans for a big crowd

• Like 1