British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I was on the road for your first meeting and it was quite a distance away hence why I mentioned it. I was also on that grass bank till the Cooncil Officer moved us on, or the meeting could not continue. If I remember right the councils crowd limit was about 2900 for that night, but as I said in the earlier post, a few more sneaked in so they changed their tac to make sure we were all safe. 

Quite a distance away, less than 10 minute walk...but given you were counting every person to enter that night you will have been busy....

3 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Quite a distance away, less than 10 minute walk...but given you were counting every person to enter that night you will have been busy....

Knowing actual crowds, and what that looks like serves me well to quote Redcar. Workington opened in 1999 with an actual crowd of 4400 and that just about filled Derwent Park. There is no way 4400 people can get into Redcar and see the track. 

It might have been 10 mins away if my surname was Bolt.

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Knowing actual crowds, and what that looks like serves me well to quote Redcar. Workington opened in 1999 with an actual crowd of 4400 and that just about filled Derwent Park. There is no way 4400 people can get into Redcar and see the track. 

It might have been 10 mins away if my surname was Bolt.

Of course over that many fans could - the whole back straight, a massive two tiered hill - nobody knows how many people came through the gates that night - CVS has told me there was close to 5,000 that night - and safe to say he knows a tad more than you...

30 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Of course over that many fans could - the whole back straight, a massive two tiered hill - nobody knows how many people came through the gates that night - CVS has told me there was close to 5,000 that night - and safe to say he knows a tad more than you...

Bit of a contradiction there RR, but I suppose that would just fly over your head. You never change do you. :D:P

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Bit of a contradiction there RR, but I suppose that would just fly over your head. You never change do you. :D:P

That is the point, he could only give a ball park figure - but clearly you know more than him...time for your bed, the nurses will be around soon....

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

That is the point, he could only give a ball park figure - but clearly you know more than him...time for your bed, the nurses will be around soon....

A very ageist reply that RR. Doesn't make you Mastermind but. 

• Haha 1

Car parking will not be an issue going off what Kev said tonight - alongside improved viewing areas and improved catering. Should hopefully be a fantastic event. 

• Like 2

Like Boz said Improved viewing areas are being worked on, more catering vans to be planned, Car parking being looked and and some other places sorted. Even outside if those footy fans can get away with parking their cars all over and the Police and Council doing nothing about them then it shouldn't be a problem. The track is one of the best in Speedway and there will be good action on it. i'm sure the true Speedway fans will come and watch while the yappers will continue to yap. It should be as great days entertainment. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blupanther said:

Think you will find that they had no intention of having it this year, and personally i'm not bothered where it is. Should be at the National Stadium imo...

6 hours ago, blupanther said:

Think you will find that they had no intention of having it this year, and personally i'm not bothered where it is. Should be at the National Stadium imo...

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, RedcarRacer said:

The Arena can easily host a few thousand - a few more food vans and won't be an issue...and the best thing about Redcar is how neutral the track is, not like a Peterborough or Sheffield...

No such thing as a neutral track, unless there is a track where non the riders have ridden before.

If Redcar was a neutral track then the opposition would have as much chance of winning as the home team

How many times have Redcar lost 50% of their home meetings in a season, that is assuming that the teams are evenly matches of course

• Like 1

The answer to your neutral track venue, Have Redcar won the league yet, or even gone through a season unbeaten at home, NO, or have teams who hardly ever lose at home with the advantages they have, won the league every year since Redcar rejoined the championship in 2006. I say only Scorpions have won the league since then, who have not had a massive home advantage.

Edited by oldywonkenoldi
addition of last few words

Not only  a neutral track, but a track that most riders love to ride. You see it week in week out. opposition riders up there game which makes Redcar have to up theirs. As an example Aussie riders and saying to Redcars  new rider Jordan Stewart "you will love the track".

12 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

. As an example Aussie riders and saying to Redcars  new rider Jordan Stewart "you will love the track".

Interesting quote there.      But good luck to Jordy, looks as though he'll be our only newcomer in the British leagues this year, thanks to your Thesesa May's visa rules.   Why don't they apply in Poland?

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Tosh1218 said:

Oh dear the pussy cat fans /promotion won’t be happy about loosing out on the Fours to Redcar . Good choice and as people have said Redcar is a fair race track . Ps I knew cos Rob Godfrey was guilty in the panthers fans eyes he would get them back ha ha as the old saying goes“ He who laughs last , laughs loudest“  get in Rob

Panthers fans care little about this which has been known for several months. As you say despite Ged being vindicated by ACU  the Mafia continue with their petty retribution.