British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Redcar handed fours

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

i think all shared events should be at BV

thats what i thought it was for

If that was what it was for then the B.S.P.A. would have built it not B.V. Speedway and the council.

14 hours ago, spin king said:

The fact that is billed as the National stadium.

Is that not what most sports do have their finals at their National stadiums.

Not too sure on this ,:unsure: :wink:   but the new Wembley is used for BOTH Cup Finals & errrrrrr now the FA Cup Semi Finals. It, also, hosts the Play Off Finals. :approve: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

If that was what it was for then the B.S.P.A. would have built it not B.V. Speedway and the council.

well yes but why is it then called National Speedway Centre?

It's central, good facilities, fairly neutral and arguably the best track

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Exactly , at our level it's only fit and proper the big events get shared around the league . I love the fours at Peterborough , but i'm sure it will be a great occasion at Redcar and the racing will be superb . 

What is the capacity at Redcar, because it didn't look like it would hold all the fans that normally attend the fours the last time I was there ?

27 minutes ago, proud panther said:

What is the capacity at Redcar, because it didn't look like it would hold all the fans that normally attend the fours the last time I was there ?

In 2006 when we opened there was nearly 5000 fans according to a senior speedway official,   and facilities have improved since then, so if all teams send 500 supporters it maybe a full house, BUT I cant see that many coming from the 5 southern based teams, so should be a well organised, supported, and fair competition, on a fair racing circuit that will suit all riders/

• Like 1

The nearly 5000 included a lot on the banking above the back straight which is not open now.

Viewing only available from bend 4 to bend 2 . Additional temporary stands will be needed to let everyone have a decent view.

Im pretty confident the promotion will have all this in hand - they’ve done a good job so far.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:40 PM, cheekycobra said:

Every week when I used to write the match reports for the Bears  website :P

Saying that you seem to be banging on about this a tad OTT and suggests an underlying something you have against Redcar. At the end of the day its going to be at Redcar like it or not and know one knows if its going to be a good meeting or not.

PS. Wasn't 2016 at Redcar?

:rofl:

There's only one biased opinion here and it isn't mine :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ch958 said:

Not even arguably.

Problem is neutral venues - as good as they sound - rarely attract the attendances that these sort of meetings need, nor do they match those drawn at a Championship clubs home track.

I reiterate my point : why move a shared event if a track does a good job year in, year out ? 

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

The nearly 5000 included a lot on the banking above the back straight which is not open now.

Viewing only available from bend 4 to bend 2 . Additional temporary stands will be needed to let everyone have a decent view.

Im pretty confident the promotion will have all this in hand - they’ve done a good job so far.

Kev mentioned on Thursday that viewing facilities would be improved, not just for the Fours but for every week.

p

Peterborough was superb on the 2 day event . seen the dvd , looked brill .

but the only let down was the riders who didnt want to ride on the 2nd day .

all those top names couldnt get their act together because they were not getting paid enough wonga !

it was only 2 days entertainment they had to put on for the fans who give them so much more during the season and they 

could not be ar$$ed .but hey , they still stopped on sunday to watch .

wonder if they paid !

Edited by jenga

14 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Not even arguably.

Problem is neutral venues - as good as they sound - rarely attract the attendances that these sort of meetings need, nor do they match those drawn at a Championship clubs home track.

I reiterate my point : why move a shared event if a track does a good job year in, year out ? 

fair comment - it just seems to give Peterborough an annual advantage

10 hours ago, ch958 said:

fair comment - it just seems to give Peterborough an annual advantage

Of course it does any Championship club staging a Championship shared event provides an advantage to its riders.

As previously stated neutral venues do not generally provide the BSPA with the revenue they clearly expect these events to make, that and the fact a lot of clubs just don’t want to stage them.

52 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Of course it does any Championship club staging a Championship shared event provides an advantage to its riders.

As previously stated neutral venues do not generally provide the BSPA with the revenue they clearly expect these events to make, that and the fact a lot of clubs just don’t want to stage them.

fair enough

On 31/01/2018 at 3:09 PM, ch958 said:

To get grants.