British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

The Same 1-7 years later

Here's something that passed through my idle mind last night:

Has there ever been an occasion where a single club has had the same 1-7 but in separate years (i.e. with more than a seasons gap, so not just consecutive years)?

I can't imagine this has ever happened but I'd be interested to know for sure. If it hasn't, does anyone know the highest amount of riders in one side that would meet the criteria? 

The memory of some folks on here never fails to amaze me, so I'm sure someone will come up with an example.

Don't fancy trawling through the records to try and answer your question although it feels like the answer should be yes. Certainly back in the day when teams were a lot more stable.

Didn't Scunthorpe start last season with the same team that finished the 2016 season? Okay, not what the question asked, but quite unique. Can't imagine in this era of averages that there would have been the same line up more than a year apart.