British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Simon Stead - The Last Lap - 25/03/18

Lasse Bjerre and Todd Kurtz added, predictably.

Peter Kildemand completes the line-up.

Does anyone have to hand the full line-up?

Niels-Kristian Iversen
Danny King
Krystian Pieszczek
Chris Holder
Sam Masters
Jason Doyle
Martin Vaculik
Chris Harris
Hans Andersen
David Bellego
Kyle Howarth
Jacob Thorssell
Lasse Bjerre
Todd Kurtz

Is the list I can find, Josh Bates was also mentioned but is he going to be fit?

Still missing 1.

Revised line-up:-

Jason Doyle, Martin Vaculik, Hans Andersen, Kyle Howarth,  David Bellego, Sam Masters, Krystian Pieszczek, Danny King, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Lasse Bjerre, Charles Wright, Aaron Summers, Peter Kildemand, Josh Grajczonek, Brady Kurtz, Kenneth Bjerre.

Extra parking will be available in Hillsborough Park, just along Penistone Road, between Owlerton Stadium and Sheffield Wednesday's ground.

Edited by Blackadder

Interview with Steady on Radio Sheffield this afternoon. As usual he came across brilliantly, although some of the questions would make Lorraine Kelly seem like the ultimate investigative journalist. Hope you make a mint tomorrow Simon. 

• Like 1

Do is anyone know the riding order?

Not a bad meeting, not to much overtaking also a shame Doyle got hurt in his second ride, it looked like his left ankle. But it was a big turnout for a great advert for speedway Simon Stead. He was a great rider for the Tigers and other clubs. UTT.

Really enjoyed this. Great turn out, and some good racing.

My take on the riders, for what it's worth

Jason Doyle, looked OK in his first ride, got squeezed on first bend of his second and injured his left ankle

Charles Wright, didn't do too much for me to notice

Danny King, great when he made the gate, but looked to lack speed when he didn't

Kenneth Bjerre, as expected, nothing of note

Sam Masters, some good battles, worked hard for his 7 points

Lasse Bjerre, looked good, expecting some decent scores around Owlerton this year,

Aaron Summers, needs track time, slow from the traps

Brady Kurtz, very impressive, could be signing of the season,

Peter Kildemand, usual fall but battled well

Neils Kristian Iversen, stand out for the first 3 rides, did he make a few changes for testing as after the break he wasn't the same rider,

Hans Andersen, a couple of average rides, one really aggresive and a break down, will be consistent again this year

Kyle Howarth, another that caught my eye, fast and smooth, engine failure in S/F

Krystain Pieszczek, steady on the bike but needs to put his gating gloves on, or on todays showing will struggle

Josh Grajczonek, a couple of retirements otherwise steady

Matin Vaculik, showed his class in most races, one poor ride but did the busimess when it counted

David Bellego, steady and worked hard, should do a half decent job for Swindon

It's strange.

Your local track is Monmore, you go to Owlerton it seems massive.  Monmore is still my local track but I have been once in 10 years (PK farewell).  Visiting only NSS & Polish tracks of late, I get to Sheffield and it seems small.

Vaculik was class above when he needed to be, his defeat of Kurtz & NKI in the final was expected, the only rider that may have troubled him but would have needed a 20 yard head start to account for his gating deficiencies was Howarth who looked very fast.  His points don't say much but Bellego looked very quick & brave.

Never thought Owlerton would suit Andersen & despite the points he scored he didn't look comfortable.

Not sure what happened to Doyle, there wasn't any real any coming together between Pieszczek & him that I noticed, but spent 5 minutes on the centre green then rode back with his leg sticking out.  For his first 5 rides with other riders on the track in the UK & on his first visit to Owlerton, Pieszczek looked promising.

Enjoyed the meeting which had some decent racing, a good crowd and great facilities at Sheffield Speedway.

Simon Stead even took time out to presonnally thank our small group of fans for coming down from Cumbria.

Good to be part of a sport where fans, promoters and riders are friendly and welcoming.

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 1

stopped Simon on his way to the VIP lounge, and he signed the programme for me

11 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Enjoyed the meeting which had some decent racing, a good crowd and great facilities at Sheffield Speedway.

Simon Stead even took time out to presonnally thank our small group of fans for coming down from Cumbria.

Good to be part of a sport where fans, promoters and riders are friendly and welcoming.

Simon stead was always true top guy, was told when at Swindon he made a point of thanking every member of staff at the end of the season. Top man